Advice on Minelab training / trainers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi jwal...see you own a sdc2300....do you have the booster fitted or you just using it with no modifications

mbasko said:
One on one is always the best way. Not that there's anything wrong with a group session if you're into that sort of thing... :lol:

Isn't innuendo against forum rules? :eek:

tvtom said:
Hi jwal...see you own a sdc2300....do you have the booster fitted or you just using it with no modifications

Just using the stock standard everything...mo mods mate.

jwal said:
dam it said:
dam it said:
Going to a training day for the GPZ7000 next weekend :) I will keep you posted ;)

Ok so went to the MineLab Training session last Sunday :)
Yer it was ok .

Doesn't sound appealing...

:lol: :lol: Nar it was Good picked up a few things :)
I think there was about 7 in the group ( 6 had used Detectors before ) & ( spoke Australian well ) 1 of us may have seen the big nuugy of recent and :eek: :eek:
But yer I was a good thing for me :) the GPZ is a lot different than the SDC :| But the more time in the forest is the best .
The Trainer ,Instructor Prospector Pete seemed Ok was very knowledgeable on the Detector . Answered my Questions on different things well I thought
Um yer I enjoyed it .

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a company or person for a 1 on 1 training day in NSW . I have purchased a new gpx 4500 and altho im reasonably experienced id like to get a run down on the machine and also pick up all the info i can in regards to reading to ground etc.
My purchase came with a training day but unfortunately its been 1 and a half months and no reply from the "said" trainer ! . I know people are busy and so on , im at the stage i would rather throw the training deal in the bin if they use people that refuse to even respond to a txt message . It doesnt take much to say hi , i will contact you soon . :mad:
So anyway please fire away with any recommendations as who to use.
Ps .. The training day was a deal clincher in the sale.

That really sucks, have you checked you sent it to the right number just asking. I'd contact the person you bought it from and put it on them to make good with the deal. Don't have a great understanding of NSW to offer any other suggestions. Best of luck

GaryO said:
if they use people that refuse to even respond to a txt message .

I suggest you go and talk to the man, or at least phone the retailer.
Keep the text messages for your kids mate.

Redfin said:
GaryO said:
if they use people that refuse to even respond to a txt message .

I suggest you go and talk to the man, or at least phone the retailer.
Keep the text messages for your kids mate.
I have rang him over 7 weeks ago and had a 10 minute chat ... and HE told over the phone he is busy and to TXT my details , which i have done and also txted him back at 6 and then 7 weeks later . Its not the wrong number.

Ok happy to do the Man thing Red but if i have to grovel for something with people that ive paid for id rather go elsewhere with someone that is happy to provide what im paying for.

And .. his service and attitude is crap and its not who i would want to go spend a day with ! If it was just a cut and dry refund or something thats fine , but to have a whole negative slang feast with an individual and have to go spend a day with them is uncomfortable to say the least

Anyway the post was about what tours are out there . :cool:

i can understand your reluctance completely mate,if he was affected by the floods or some other good reason all he had to do was tell you ,,its not hard, but if he took the money then could not giveashit,then thats another thing entirely, ffs whats wrong with people

nicko61 said:
i can understand your reluctance completely mate,if he was affected by the floods or some other good reason all he had to do was tell you ,,its not hard, but if he took the money then could not giveashit,then thats another thing entirely, ffs whats wrong with people

2 words.....consumer affairs

Try CWPS I'm confident you'll get satisfaction. Any reference to them that I've heard is positive. If your location isn't feasible tell them your experience they may be able to suggest a reputable operator closer to you.

RM Outback said:
Try CWPS I'm confident you'll get satisfaction. Any reference to them that I've heard is positive. If your location isn't feasible tell them your experience they may be able to suggest a reputable operator closer to you.

Agree 100% as they can't fix it if they don't know it's broken ?

Cool thanks for that , i thought they may only do the training linked to sales. I know they train around Hillend area so that would be a good area for me .
Ill give them a buzz today.

Gaz

I bought a ML detector recently and it came with a training day that I undertook last week-end. It was very good ( thanks to Corey from Miners Den in Brisbane).

I reckon you still need to tell the retailer of your experience as they need to know their trainer is crapping on their reputation. They may have an alternate trainer. If not they may offer you something in return for your 'lost training session'.

Legally, you have a contract with the retailer....offer and acceptance between you two and 'consideration' in the form of your substantial payment.

The retailer is the one who reneged on the contract with you..so it's his problem....ring the retailer and say what are you going to do about this? If the retailer tells you to bugger off... then consumer affairs or post their name on here...as long as you stick to facts...you are not being libelous.

Good luck with this.

Latest posts