Emmaville Gemfest 1-3 Oct

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:) ........Just noticed the Emmaville (just north of Glen Innes NSW) Gemfest is on..... 1-3 October...

Field trips have been announced..... de Milhous (Lode-Mine-Reef) and Webbs Consol Silver Mine and a 'Mystery" Location for the Monday.... Should be a good Event with those locations, that are both on Private Property(no one has been Fossicking on them for a verrry long time)... Anyone going? :)

LoneWolf....

:( Sorry Lozzie can't help with Victoria.... This Event is held Yearly, in one of the Best Fossicking Districts in NSW....

Hopefully this Rain will disappear so the tracks can dry out a bit.... :|

LoneWolf....

1474874541_emerald_mine_71.jpg
found these in about 2min of arriving . :) ...
1474874341_emerald_mine_91.jpg

1474874478_emerald_mine_62.jpg

Heatho said:
I'd go if it weren't school holidays, I'm going to head up after the holidays.

Yes I wish it was next Weekend, as the Broken Hill show is this week-end :( Another year I miss it.... :mad:

Im spending a fair bit if time in the next 3 months down Emmaville way, So we may meet up Heatho...

Yeah I keep missing the gem shows up there too.

I'll send you a pm when I'm heading to Inverell, I'll mainly be hanging out at Billabong Blue, though may go to Tingha for a couple of days also to catch up with a friend and go crystal and grass stone hunting.

I haven't been to Emmaville yet, been meaning to check it out.

No worries Heatho. :) .. You Must go to the Emmaville Mining Museum.... One of the best mineral/Crystal displays 'open' to the public in Australia..... :D
Hopefully BB will be open soon as I want to go for a dig too.... ;)

LoneWolf.....

This Years Gemfest will be based at the Emmaville Caravan Park..... Be there 7.30-8am to Register and complete a Registration Form... Legal requirement im afraid...

Depending on numbers we will split the group into 2... one to the Silver mine and the other to de Milhous. Then swap over for the Sunday.... Kids are more than Welcome but must be Supervised.... Both Venues will be Supervised by Gemfest Field Trip Guides and the SES will be in attendance as well if needed......and any Hazardous Areas will be 'Taped' off..... Legal requirement also...

There will be Lunch available (Sausage Sizzle) at both venues for a small cost.... I will know more info Tomorrow as Site Inspections are taking place..... Stay tuned for more info..... and fingers crossed no more Rain.... ;)

Gemster.... :cool:

Great to see you involved and making it happen LoneWolf, looks like it'll be a great success. All the best and hope the weather comes good for you!!

What a great weekend thank you to the organizers you did a great job. Looking forward to next year.