Where can I buy some shock cord??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
G'day all, I'm after some 8mm shock cord.
I'm after the solid rubber cord, not the cheap banded stuff as shown in my terrible phone pic.

Have tried Masters, Bunnings, Clark Rubber, Carac and RV Superstore.
Have also emailed a few canvas people.
Still looking. :(

1435121188_sock.jpg

speargun rubber?? I have seen solid black rubber straps at a plumbing place and at bunnings.... :)

Not sure about the solid rubber cord but try a Boat or Caravan dealership that carries spare parts. Is there any reason you want solid rubber? UV tends to kill the rubber unless it has outer protection.

I actually though the multi core stuff would have been better as it provided redundancy.
If the single core breaks there's no backup.

Thanks men.
I have looked at speargun rubber and it is hollow, with too much elasticity.
All shock cord has an outer protective cover so UV is not a problem.
Solcor looks the goods, will send them another email, and hopefully they respond this time.

Try whitworths or any other boat chandlery , they usually stock a heap of sizes and quality.

They might have an online store

I think what your looking for is the sort of rubber cord used in huge O rings, the sort of O rings used to seal the outside locking ring on earthmoving rims you can get them in Two sizes skinny (4-5mm) or fat (8-10mm) from- Rema tip top industrial.
Or from most major tyre centers that do earthmoving tyres.
Worth about $20 each.
I had heaps at one stage and they are very stretchy and chemical/UV resistant.
Hope this helps

Just bought some Solcor solid core shock cord from Bunnings at Epsom just outside Bendigo.

They have 3mm 6mm and 8mm.
Bout $3 per metre.
Thought I'd give it a try.

LC76 said:
Just bought some Solcor solid core shock cord from Bunnings at Epsom just outside Bendigo.

They have 3mm 6mm and 8mm.
Bout $3 per metre.
Thought I'd give it a try.

ill second that. They have all different sizes you buy per meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts