Great Site for finding gold in Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I am sure someone has probably posted this before but as I am new i am putting it out there. When you load it press the green plus button and Add tenement, minerals, all tenements and it will show you every claim ever made in Victoria. Many other layers you can add to the maps as well. Expired gold mining leases is another great one to select. You will be shocked how close you live to a gold bearing area. I use this all the time, sure does swing the odds in your favor.

http://er-info.dpi.vic.gov.au/sd_weave/anonymous.html

Oh and you will need to use the zoom buttons and the hand button to move around the map.

It is a great resource, Balx is on the money - spending a bit of time playing around with the layers is well worth the effort, the Geovic 3 version also allows you to alter the transparency of each layer too which I find very useful in emphasising the more important features and dropping back the shading on say the crown land boundaries. I print them off and run them through my little laminator so they can stand the roughing-up they get in the field.

Drewe.

:O! That is AMAZING! I'm smack bang in the middle of some big goldy bits, and theres a few shafts on this road that i didn't even know about

misscadillac1964 said:
:O! That is AMAZING! I'm smack bang in the middle of some big goldy bits, and theres a few shafts on this road that i didn't even know about
Get the shovel out. ;)

The redder the better, finding gold in something you built makes it that little more special. You need a high banker with all that water in your pics you could pump thru some serious meters.

I'm thinking misscadillac has a V8 water pump set-up in mind.

Drewe.

Balx said:
The redder the better, finding gold in something you built makes it that little more special. You need a high banker with all that water in your pics you could pump thru some serious meters.

haha just wait till i learn all the tricks of the trade, i'll be unstoppable i tellsya!

roadkill said:
doesnt look like this works anymore

Pretty sure that was a link to Geovic 2 ..... that has now been discontinued and is replaced by Geovic 3 ...... google it and you're away.
Takes a bit of learning to navigate your way around.
Cheers T.

Teemore said:
roadkill said:
doesnt look like this works anymore

Pretty sure that was a link to Geovic 2 ..... that has now been discontinued and is replaced by Geovic 3 ...... google it and you're away.
Takes a bit of learning to navigate your way around.
Cheers T.

Nah, it wasn't related to GEOVIC ............ I'll post and updated link in a few hours.

I wanted to edit the above post but apparently i do have permission so I'll repost

Nah, I don't think it wasn't related to GEOVIC ............ I'll post and updated link to what i think was the OP was refering to in a few hours.

Latest posts