Minelab X-terra 705 General Tips, Advice, Questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find my 705 likes the dry sand no probs, but falses out on the wet sand, I have found 2 coins in really wet sand, the hole kept filling up with water, but it was more of a fluke than anything.

I should add that freshwater streams in the wet sand its fine, 705 dislikes saltwater

I have been to the beach with my 705. On the dry sand , no problem. However on the wet sand, and the wet black sand....very difficult.
Completely different to picking up easy money in the park.
A PI machine is much more suited to the beach.

Yeah Ive just started to use them so far so good .I just bought aldi NiMH2400 mAh . Been out 3 times on one charge and they were still ok . Maybe 3-4 houres each time cheers Alan. :cool:

c alan said:
Yeah Ive just started to use them so far so good .I just bought aldi NiMH2400 mAh . Been out 3 times on one charge and they were still ok . Maybe 3-4 houres each time cheers Alan. :cool:

Thanks for the reply c alan what brand and what cost for them

Thanks GP, I also have 2600 mah AccuLoops, which are a Low Self Discharge battery. Good for infrequent use, as they don't drop their voltage like regular NiMHs.

The threshold tells you a few things:

1. Your machine is on
2. A smooth threshold tells you your sensitivity isn't too high
3. A blank in the threshold tells you you have gone over something that is being discriminated

A very loud threshold is annoying, so as mentioned, just turn it up till you can hear it. Not too quiet not too loud

Thanks for the information I have some hearing damage so I need it up a bit so as I can hear it even with head phones so again thanks for you input it all helps to enjoy my detecting

roy cobb said:
Thanks for the information I have some hearing damage so I need it up a bit so as I can hear it even with head phones so again thanks for you input it all helps to enjoy my detecting
Hi roy...just remember if you turn your threshold up to much you can mask small signals...So try to keep it as low as possible...i find 10 works well where i live just a little hum.. :D

Hi I have a xterra 705 dual pack and just wondering if there is any pros or cons to use the gold coil for relic detecting standard coil is 7.5khz and the gold coil is 18.75 khz

Latest posts