My first sdc outing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishfull said:
s a side note to the little leather cover. I am thinking that I may make one up out of something like a piece of pvc down pipe. I'm a bit worried that the leather will soak up water and shrink rot etc. I will see how the leather one goes first.

Get your self some Drizbone wax or Clear Dubbin and Rub a good Dollop of that in to it, It will darken it but it will waterproof it and it will stop it getting Dirty,

hope that helps,

John.

Almost happy with this cover now. Perspex foot added. Scoop with leather strap.
1475314747_2016-10-01_19.03.27.jpg

Did some beach combing today. Some sinkers a lure .303 round nose solid bullet heaps of .22 shells wire old cigarette lighters ring pulls. Nothing to write home about.

1477138018_2016-10-22_22.00.34.jpg
G'day went out today and got a good signal just off the road in a hilly area on Y.Peninsula
Signal was very faint. Did the boot scrape thing. Louder. Dig louder and again and again by this stage at 18 inches...that's the length of the pick I am using atm
I am at this stage since it's getting late in the day. I will come back tomorrow. ...yep cover the hole and digg it tomorrow...my shoulder was complaining like ok lets go home please !!! But i did the what if thing and kept digging. Now don't let anyone tell you that the SDC2300 only detects shallow stuff
.i can hear you guys thinking he found a biggun....wrong a flippin aluminium can top ffs

1477135628_2016-10-22_21.36.50.jpg

More pics from today. Sorry still no yellow soon soon soon . Took my mate for a tryout with my sdc he took his grubber pick. We got a signal so he dug and dug and dug we got covered by flies and more flies. And eventually found an iron dropper at around 15 inches.
1477136447_2016-10-22_22.01.30.jpg

Spelling edit

And another thing. Minelab should include a warning with the SDC 2300 that when retracting the shaft one should be careful of not getting ones finger pinched in between the two meeting joints. It got me a nice blood blister.
But I think after today I have another SDC follower. He wanted to trade his Toyota 4x4 for my SDC. LOL.

Take the tojo mate :p
Wishfull said:
And another thing. Minelab should include a warning with the SDC 2300 that when retracting the shaft one should be careful of not getting ones finger pinched in between the two meeting joints. It got me a nice blood blister.
But I think after today I have another SDC follower. He wanted to trade his Toyota 4x4 for my SDC. LOL.

Toying around today. I was a bit concerned about the universal type joint on the coil plate wearing so I made this up. I will let you know how it goes.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7460/1474597593_2016-09-23_11.50.44.jpg

Mate make them out of a piece of rubber .................... this has been on machine for over 12 months.
Also a pic of a nice little arm pad that DD do .................... gets rid of the pain in the arse wings folding in on you when trying to put your arm back thru and also stops wing pivot pins from dropping out. But then so does a drop of silastic in the holes
The Minelab 3011-0144 from the GPX/ Sov works well also but a little bigger and more expensive

1477180713_sdc_boot.jpg

1477180837_sdc_arm_rest.jpg

1477180911_sdc_adaptor_amp_arm_rest.jpg

Do you plan on using the pinpointer with your sdc?
The sdc is more sensitive than any pin pointer and would be a waste of time in my opinion.
:|

Reeks said:
The sdc is more sensitive than any pin pointer and would be a waste of time in my opinion.

I dug a 600mm hole last wk end and found an aluminium can top because the sdc was going berserk in the hole, if i had had a pin pointer I would have saved myself a lot of work...i need a pointer. Also when I detect on the beach I need to find targets fast before the hole fills with water as well as when I am detecting in sensitive areas like parks I don't want to dig a large hole to find a coin. I have thought alot about this issue.

Wishfull said:
Got to go for a bit of an outing today To Hallett S.A. well just out of there 500 km round trip.
I met up with a couple of other blokes who were both swinging Minelabs a 4500 and a 5000.
I was in a dry river bed and came across some shale sticking up at an angle see picture below. I was getting a little curious after digging some of it out and sdc was still sounding off.

Lucky me a piece of wire jammed between two bits of shale. Lots of old diggings around the place. Some very deep holes. You had to watch where you were walking. None of us found any yellow though. Wire, shot little pieces of rusted tin, shoe tacks you know all that stuff. So yeah not much to brag about. But I would like to stay there for a full weekend instead of just a few hrs. You gotta try.

Hi, I'm curious about the spot at Hallet. I go through there when i'm out Peterborough way with work. Is this Private Property?

Just got my SDC, so I think i'll be putting it in the work car for these trips.

Wait until you dig a rather large deep hole on the beach for a stud out of a pair of jeans.
That is funny. :)
Halo effect with an old GT16000 and 15 inch coil.
Damn that machine was good on a wet beach. :D

Wishfull said:
Reeks said:

I dug a 600mm hole last wk end and found an aluminium can top because the sdc was going berserk in the hole, if i had had a pin pointer I would have saved myself a lot of work...i need a pointer. Also when I detect on the beach I need to find targets fast before the hole fills with water as well as when I am detecting in sensitive areas like parks I don't want to dig a large hole to find a coin. I have thought alot about this issue.

samrota said:
Wishfull said:
Got to go for a bit of an outing today To Hallett S.A. well just out of there 500 km round trip.
I met up with a couple of other blokes who were both swinging Minelabs a 4500 and a 5000.
I was in a dry river bed and came across some shale sticking up at an angle see picture below. I was getting a little curious after digging some of it out and sdc was still sounding off.

Lucky me a piece of wire jammed between two bits of shale. Lots of old diggings around the place. Some very deep holes. You had to watch where you were walking. None of us found any yellow though. Wire, shot little pieces of rusted tin, shoe tacks you know all that stuff. So yeah not much to brag about. But I would like to stay there for a full weekend instead of just a few hrs. You gotta try.

Hi, I'm curious about the spot at Hallet. I go through there when i'm out Peterborough way with work. Is this Private Property?

Just got my SDC, so I think i'll be putting it in the work car for these trips.

Hi. No it's not on private property. It it is on a road that goes past a creek the property it goes past is Ulooloo station.

Latest posts