Whites Coils

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok thanks John .... I'm catching up with the guy selling the V3i this weekend so purchase will be a done deal ... if you come across any of those coils i'll be interested ...I may need to reach into your knowledge base (if that's ok with you) to set the unit up and just use the 10" for now until other coils become available at the right price ;)

Spyhunter said:
Ok thanks John .... I'm catching up with the guy selling the V3i this weekend so purchase will be a done deal ... if you come across any of those coils i'll be interested ...I may need to reach into your knowledge base (if that's ok with you) to set the unit up and just use the 10" for now until other coils become available at the right price ;)

Well I can get 2 new ones with skid plates for less than $342.00 and that is paying the Correct retail, So that is the Worst price that I have come up with But I can get about 10% off of that price, Ok. so let me know what and when Ok.

John.

Thanks that doesn't sound to bad but any coin I can save would be a blessing... I may to wait a couple of weeks to get the bank balance back up :D but I'll keep in touch with you ....can I msg you directly through PA?

Spyhunter said:
Thanks that doesn't sound to bad but any coin I can save would be a blessing... I may to wait a couple of weeks to get the bank balance back up :D but I'll keep in touch with you ....can I msg you directly through PA?

That's fine mate, If any come up cheap in the meantime I will let you know, You can get by with using the 10" DD but for chasing real small Gold the first Coil you need is that 5.3 (6") Coil over all others,

Good luck with the machine,

John.

Hello to all , l run a gmz for both beach and nugget hunting, l am looking for a jimmy seira 12 or 9 inch hot foot and the 5.3 inch and any other coils to suit the the whites 48-50khhz gmt range, and thanks to everyone forb the great learning through reading the forum.lennie. :)

Welcome Lennie, might pay to put an advert in the "Wanting to buy" section at the bottom of the forum for your coils. More people will view it there, and hopefully you will get what you are after. ;)

I cannot but agree with Ridge Runner that the 5.3 Eclipse coil could be looked upon as a must have for the MXT. In a word superb, it will outperform the 6x4dd in all but the most extreme ground. It probably punches much deeper than the 10 x 6 dd a lot of the time.

That 10 x 6 dd could be looked upon as a very good Jack of all trades, but an expert at none. The introduction of the round 10" dd has taken the shine off the 10 x 6 dd no doubt..

The almost forgot Eclipse 9.5 is also superb, the dry sand performance is outstanding. It is sensitive to the smallest targets and is very very deep.
It outperforms all my White's coils under the right conditions. It is not good in hot hot ground, but you can lift the coil a tad higher than normal and boost gain in hot ground to stay in the game. Sometimes it works surprisingly well.
If prospecting mode gets noisy, switch to relic with 1 or 2 disc, again it works well.

In EXTREME ground the 6x4 dd and 14 x 8 dd allow me to continue to search. They have their own niche. When the ground is beyond noisy that little 6x4 dd's inherit characteristics combined with a very small footprint mean it suffers less from mineralization. Allowing the hunt to continue at a painfully slow pace.

If the ground will let you the 9.5 and 5.3 Eclipse coils are, I'll say it again: superb.

Just like to add that ALL my MXT coils are second hand, purchased from UK, Australia, USA and Canada... Slowly over many years when bargains and opportunities presented themselves.. just cannot afford to buy new.

I also recommend 'The MXT Edge' by Jeff Foster if you operate this outstanding metal detector.

My 2 cents worth, all the best.
1485060396_mxt2.jpg
1485060416_mxt1.jpg
1485060442_mxt_4.jpg

karelian65 said:
I cannot but agree with Ridge Runner that the 5.3 Eclipse coil could be looked upon as a must have for the MXT. In a word superb, it will outperform the 6x4dd in all but the most extreme ground. It probably punches much deeper than the 10 x 6 dd a lot of the time.

That 10 x 6 dd could be looked upon as a very good Jack of all trades, but an expert at none. The introduction of the round 10" dd has taken the shine off the 10 x 6 dd no doubt..

The almost forgot Eclipse 9.5 is also superb, the dry sand performance is outstanding. It is sensitive to the smallest targets and is very very deep.
It outperforms all my White's coils under the right conditions. It is not good in hot hot ground, but you can lift the coil a tad higher than normal and boost gain in hot ground to stay in the game. Sometimes it works surprisingly well.
If prospecting mode gets noisy, switch to relic with 1 or 2 disc, again it works well.

In EXTREME ground the 6x4 dd and 14 x 8 dd allow me to continue to search. They have their own niche. When the ground is beyond noisy that little 6x4 dd's inherit characteristics combined with a very small footprint mean it suffers less from mineralization. Allowing the hunt to continue at a painfully slow pace.

If the ground will let you the 9.5 and 5.3 Eclipse coils are, I'll say it again: superb.

Just like to add that ALL my MXT coils are second hand, purchased from UK, Australia, USA and Canada... Slowly over many years when bargains and opportunities presented themselves.. just cannot afford to buy new.

I also recommend 'The MXT Edge' by Jeff Foster if you operate this outstanding metal detector.

My 2 cents worth, all the best.

G'day and welcome to PA,

I have all those Coils and a few more as well, I also have the 15" MXT Max Concentric Coil which is a brute of a Coil that can see targets down to 0.02 to 0.01 grams but it weighs 1047 grams but it will find things 3 to 4 feet deep, I also have the Factory 10"DD which tests the same as the 9.5/950 coil when it comes to depth but it is not as sensitive as the Concentric Coils and will see bits of about 0.01 to 0.02 grams where as the 5.3 can see bits as small as 0.003 grams on the surface, "My Record" is Actually finding a bit weighing 0.006 grams,

The 10"DD is a bit chatty yet it has the depth of the 950 concentric and it will match the 950 even in Air Tests, The down side to is because it is very sensitive as the Ground minerals go up it looses a bit of depth just like the Concentrics do,

If you want more depth from your MXT try and get one of the 14x10 Detech Excelrator EQ Pro 2 Coils because it adds a Couple of inches on Low conductive US Coins but on Aussie and UK Pre Dec Coins it will hit them down to the 14 and 15" mark, even in Air Tests it will all but Double those figures, I bought one of the 14x10's for $165.00 Brand New and I was that impressed I went and ordered another one just for luck, There is a bloke on UK ebay that I bought them off, But if you can't get one buy the Detech 12x10 SEF Coil and the 15x12 SEF because they handle the hotter ground better than the factory DD, The 14x10 Detech Excelarator Coil weighs 16 grams lighter than the factory 10"DD, Ok. When I weighed them I weighed the Coil and the coil cover and the leads and the Plugs, So with the 14x10 it goes a couple of inches deeper on coins and it is half an Ounce lighter and it covers more ground and it handle the Dirt better, One thing that I did notice was when I was digging one target was that the 14x10 was picking up my Pick from 5 feet away So it has some Awesome Power baring in mind that my Pick Blade is only 26cm long so it is not a huge thing for it to see and only the 15" MXT Max Coil can do that but once the target is in the Ground the MAX Coil would loose a Chunk of that. S because of the Raw Power of the 14x10 and the fact that it is lighter than the factory 10"DD The 14x10 had become my everyday Coil as I can MAX the Gain right out in the standard Relic Mode and run it in to the +2 section in all other modes even in the City. So EMI is not a problem.

Another thing to Note is that when you use a DD like all detectors they might ID flat Iron as a good target more often But if you are in ground that you can use the Concentric they will ID Iron at a much higher success rate and you will use up to 70% less Discrimination on the Dial, IE using a DD on a 6x2 piece of Steel/Iron you need the DISC set to about 6.5 to 7.5 but with a Concentric you can ID it correctly with the DISC set to 2.5 to 3.5 / 4.0,

As for the GMT I have the Older Factory 14x8 Whites Sierra Max Concentric coil and the Older White 6x10 (9x5) Concentric Coil which is about 3x Hotter than the factory 6x10 (9x5) Twin D Coil.

Hope this helps,

John.