Falls down old mine shafts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW. Be careful out there people.
When I was a lad my uncle always told me never to ride over any mounds without checking the other side first. A few old mine shafts in the area.

That definitely gives a new definition to wide open :eek: :eek: :eek:
1474551078_vanilla-ice-wide-open-tattoo.jpg

Yeah I just learnt how to add online pics :cool:

NSW Police Force
33 mins

Man rescued from mine shaft Chifley PD

A man has been airlifted to hospital after being rescued from a disused mine shaft in the states Central Tablelands.

About 10.30am yesterday (Monday 12 May 2020), emergency services were called to Sunny Corner State Forest, 36km west of Lithgow, following reports of a man had fallen 10m down a mine shaft.

Officers attached to Chifley Police District attended along with Bathurst Police Rescue, NSW VRA and NSW Ambulance.

Police were told the 53-year-old man was riding his trail bike through Sunny Corner State Forest with a group when they stopped and dismounted at a mine shaft about 70m off the Turpins Fire Trail.

The man entered a horizontal tunnel, where the edge gave way and he fell down a vertical shaft, falling about 10m into water.

He was brought to the surface about 12.10pm and, after being treated by NSW Ambulance paramedics, was carried a short distance to a 4WD ambulance and he was driven to a helicopter.

The man has been airlifted to Westmead Hospital for treatment for suspected broken ankles, a dislocated shoulder, internal injuries and bruising. :awful: :awful: :awful:

It's hard to make rules for stupid people, cause stupid are and stupid still, and most likely should not have been out and about yet anyway, as I think we are still probably in the essential travel thing in NSW for a few days yet.

Stupid People should wear signs

Stupid people should have to wear signs that just say, "I'm Stupid." That way you wouldn't rely on them, would you? You wouldn't ask them anything.

It would be like, "Excuse me...oops, never mind. I didn't see your sign."

It's like before my wife and I moved. Our house was full of boxes and there was a U-Haul truck in our driveway. My friend comes over and says, "Hey, you moving?" "Nope. We just pack our stuff up once or twice a week to see how many boxes it takes. Here's your sign."

A couple of months ago I went fishing with a buddy of mine, we pulled his boat into the dock, I lifted up this big 'ol stringer of bass and this idiot on the dock yells, "Hey, y'all catch all them fish?" "Nope - Talked 'em into giving up. Here's your sign."

I was watching one of those animal shows on the Discovery Channel. There was a guy inventing a shark bite suit. And there's only one way to test it. "Alright Jimmy, you got that shark suit on, it looks good.. They want you to jump into this pool of sharks, and you tell us if it hurts when they bite you." "Well, all right, but hold my sign. I don't wanna lose it".

Last time I had a flat tire, I pulled my truck into one of those side-of-the-road gas stations. The attendant walks out, looks at my truck, looks at me, and I SWEAR he said, "Tire go flat?" I couldn't resist. I said, "Nope. I was driving around and those other three just swelled right up on me. Here's your sign."

We were trying to sell our car about a year ago. A guy came over to the house and drove the car around for about 45 minutes. We get back to the house, he gets out of the car, reaches down and grabs the exhaust pipe, then goes, "Darn that's hot!" See? If he'd been wearing his sign, I could have stopped him.

I learned to drive an 18 wheeler in my days of adventure. Wouldn't ya know I misjudged the height of a bridge. The truck got stuck and I couldn't get it out no matter how I tried. I radioed in for help and eventually a local cop shows up to take the report. He went through his basic questioning. No problem. I thought for sure he was clear of needing a sign until he asked: "So, is your truck stuck?" I couldn't help myself! I looked at him, looked back at the rig, then back to him and said, "No I'm delivering a f***ing bridge...Here's your sign!"

Was a stupid thing to do.

When I first started detecting I walked into an area at Suny Corner with a few mates, we started detecting and after about 10 minutes I noticed a small hole in the ground, then another and another. had a look down one and the hole expanded into a big conical shape going down several metres, not sure it it was mined under or was subsidence due to nearby mining but I very gingerly rounded up the fellas and got out of that area very quickly.

A few areas there are pretty dangerous to say the least.

1589266291_95610461_2681927335376235_1653622817675018240_o.jpg
BigWave said:

Stupid people should have to wear signs that just say, "I'm Stupid." That way you wouldn't rely on them, would you? You wouldn't ask them anything.

It's like before my wife and I moved. Our house was full of boxes and there was a U-Haul truck in our driveway. My friend comes over and says, "Hey, you moving?" "Nope. We just pack our stuff up once or twice a week to see how many boxes it takes. Here's your sign."

A couple of months ago I went fishing with a buddy of mine, we pulled his boat into the dock, I lifted up this big 'ol stringer of bass and this idiot on the dock yells, "Hey, y'all catch all them fish?" "Nope - Talked 'em into giving up. Here's your sign."

I was watching one of those animal shows on the Discovery Channel. There was a guy inventing a shark bite suit. And there's only one way to test it. "Alright Jimmy, you got that shark suit on, it looks good.. They want you to jump into this pool of sharks, and you tell us if it hurts when they bite you." "Well, all right, but hold my sign. I don't wanna lose it".

Last time I had a flat tire, I pulled my truck into one of those side-of-the-road gas stations. The attendant walks out, looks at my truck, looks at me, and I SWEAR he said, "Tire go flat?" I couldn't resist. I said, "Nope. I was driving around and those other three just swelled right up on me. Here's your sign."

We were trying to sell our car about a year ago. A guy came over to the house and drove the car around for about 45 minutes. We get back to the house, he gets out of the car, reaches down and grabs the exhaust pipe, then goes, "Darn that's hot!" See? If he'd been wearing his sign, I could have stopped him.

I learned to drive an 18 wheeler in my days of adventure. Wouldn't ya know I misjudged the height of a bridge. The truck got stuck and I couldn't get it out no matter how I tried. I radioed in for help and eventually a local cop shows up to take the report. He went through his basic questioning. No problem. I thought for sure he was clear of needing a sign until he asked: "So, is your truck stuck?" I couldn't help myself! I looked at him, looked back at the rig, then back to him and said, "No I'm delivering a f***ing bridge...Here's your sign!"

Boat launching for idiots, here is your sign.

BigWave said:

.....And then the cop shot me....23 times in the chest :eek:

davsgold said:
kemjak57 said:
Latrell Mitchell??? :p

Classic example as well, were you breaking the stay at home rules Mitchell, no sir we were learning about our culture, FFS :lol: Ok so where in your culture did a Motor cross bike fit, well I'm about to go and paint it on the cave wall. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2lateagain said:
NSW Police Force
33 mins

Man rescued from mine shaft Chifley PD

A man has been airlifted to hospital after being rescued from a disused mine shaft in the states Central Tablelands.

About 10.30am yesterday (Monday 12 May 2020), emergency services were called to Sunny Corner State Forest, 36km west of Lithgow, following reports of a man had fallen 10m down a mine shaft.

Officers attached to Chifley Police District attended along with Bathurst Police Rescue, NSW VRA and NSW Ambulance.

Police were told the 53-year-old man was riding his trail bike through Sunny Corner State Forest with a group when they stopped and dismounted at a mine shaft about 70m off the Turpins Fire Trail.

The man entered a horizontal tunnel, where the edge gave way and he fell down a vertical shaft, falling about 10m into water.

Ok I confess, that could have very easily been me! :D

I don't class myself as particularly stupid, but looking back to my younger days, the phrase: "it seemed like a good idea at the time..." kinda did figure alot in my various adventures...

Latest posts