Sluicy GS highbankers?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought about that but the sound of a dog letting one rip in a tent after
a feed of Pal or Roo,
Won't go there. :8 :lol: :lol:

I run a sluicy GS17 and have been using it every weekend for the last 7-8 months. The only thing I've changed was the grizzly bars as the area I'm working is primarily flour gold so therefore I had no need for the bigger gaps. I've been looking at possibly upgrading to a large model so I can shovel without having to stop lol the 17 is just a touch small for my liking . But it's quite portable so overall I'm happy with it .

PicknShovels said:
I run a sluicy GS17 and have been using it every weekend for the last 7-8 months. The only thing I've changed was the grizzly bars as the area I'm working is primarily flour gold so therefore I had no need for the bigger gaps. I've been looking at possibly upgrading to a large model so I can shovel without having to stop lol the 17 is just a touch small for my liking . But it's quite portable so overall I'm happy with it .

Hey mate, I'm looking at changing the grizzly bars also on my GS20, how did you go about it?
Cheers Nick.

Hi all i'm looking at the family chipping in to get me a sluicy gs17 for my 30th towards the end of the year has anyone run these models before and are the worth the investment as what i'm using now is a replica walbanker i'm going to have to change a few things like my flow rate ect are they easy to dial in??

I have a GS17, and it is a cost effective highbanker that works very well. The key factor is not so much the highbanker, when you have it tuned up and working properly, but putting enough of the right wash over the riffles!

I used a 17 for around 9 months . The only thing I changed was the gap between the grizzly bars , but it depends where your prospecting I guess. Extending a plate under the Grizzlies for a few inches to create a smaller drop out zone will help with clearing the riffles out too , for an entry level banker they are a great unit.

DrDuck said:
I have a GS17, and it is a cost effective highbanker that works very well. The key factor is not so much the highbanker, when you have it tuned up and working properly, but putting enough of the right wash over the riffles!

Spot on Doc.
1463896009_1476364148.gif

Any one else have any more reviews on the sluicys.
my mate has the gold fever after coming out with me a few weeks ago now he wants a high banker.
sluicys look good for the price are people getting good gold with them.
at this stage he wants the GS21

I use a smaller GS10 (720mm sluice), doesn't come with spray bars so I mad my own reverse spray setup.
The marine carpet in them, (if they still come with it), is better to change it to something like miners moss or the similar matting from Bunnings.
Legs are pretty short so longer legs would be good to.
They are a decent H/B & with a few changes could do a pretty good job.

I have the GS11, it's a decent bit of kit, pretty rough in the assembly, but works fine, I saw one recently running with the spray bars fitted by the maker. They don't run as well IMO as my one which has spray jets running from the grizzly area back to the top of the hopper. It helps wash the gravel out better. And the owner of that one with the factory spray bar looked at mine and wanted to change his to the same, it just washes better. (BTW it wasn't my idea I copied it from youtube)
So just get a plain one and fit your own spray bar.
My one is in post 38 here https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=17993&p=2
But I have now made a screw in fitting with a 90 elbow for the water inlet, so it lines up with the ground, so lay flat pipe doesn't kink.

Latest posts