iPhone Headphones on GPX4500

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not so technical and wondering if I can use my iPhone 6 headphone ear buds via an adapter on my GPX4500?
Also, I read somewhere on the Forum that by using headphones you loose a bit of signal and a loud speaker is the purest output. Is this correct, and given you have to listen through ambient noise with a loud speaker (wind and crackling leaves/twigs) is it a real difference you can hear?
Thanks for your help.

I prefer ext speaker as i would like to hear if someone or something is approaching. Same goes for someone calling for help. I'd like to hear them.
Jaros :cool:

I have used my iphone ear buds via a bluetooth adapter from jaycar on my whites tdi,works great

Thanks all. Gave the iPhone ear buds a go at home tonight and they worked fine. Let in more ambient room noise compared to the Koss UB30 over ear headphones, but this is to be expected. I'll use these on a sunny day so I can wear a wide brim hat. I burn easily and need the hat. Cheers

Dig'n-it said:
Thanks all. Gave the iPhone ear buds a go at home tonight and they worked fine. Let in more ambient room noise compared to the Koss UB30 over ear headphones, but this is to be expected. I'll use these on a sunny day so I can wear a wide brim hat. I burn easily and need the hat. Cheers

I wear the earphones with the Funnel Web hat. It's not a very nice hat but it does have a full brim and an inner cover for the ears and back on the neck.

Latest posts