Abandoned and Disused Mines - Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks enigma and welcome to the forum mate. Oh wow bud I'm fairly local to flowedale, we will have to catch up one day soon..
Enigma said:
Hello Raymo.
Wow you guys find some really cool stuff. From what I have seen your knowledge of the hills around the north of Melbourne is really good. I find it intresting how you guys locate and research a mine or area. Anyway I know of 4 mine holes in the flowerdale area that I dont think anyone knows their there as its so over grown its on the side of a hill so you can miss it easily. Id love to explore them if your intrested let me know and i can show you. I just hope you guys can get some cool pics as you have on this page. Your on top of your game ??.
Let me know?

Raymo said:
Thanks enigma and welcome to the forum mate. Oh wow bud I'm fairly local to flowedale, we will have to catch up one day soon..
Enigma said:
Hello Raymo.
Wow you guys find some really cool stuff. From what I have seen your knowledge of the hills around the north of Melbourne is really good. I find it intresting how you guys locate and research a mine or area. Anyway I know of 4 mine holes in the flowerdale area that I dont think anyone knows their there as its so over grown its on the side of a hill so you can miss it easily. Id love to explore them if your intrested let me know and i can show you. I just hope you guys can get some cool pics as you have on this page. Your on top of your game ??.
Let me know?
Yeah mate sounds good. Are you on facebook? If so il PM you mate. ?

Enigma said:
Raymo said:
Enigma said:
Hello Raymo.
Let me know?
Yeah mate sounds good. Are you on facebook? If so il PM you mate. ?
Yeah sure bud, I will inbox you if that's ok?

Hunting the yellow said:
who found it dean ?? I showed you and in turn you show ray

Raymo did not learn of the existence of this mine through my efforts other than looking at these pictures.

dean65 said:
Hunting the yellow said:

Raymo did not learn of the existence of this mine through my efforts other than looking at these pictures.
Thanks dean! I have been going to Strathbogie ranges for over twenty years. I know there area very well I know where all the old stone cottages are, even Ned Kelly's old hide out, which is just below rocky Ned, we have hunted so many feral pigs there it's not funny. It's actually very easy to find! there a lot more there In the bush if you look properly.

Admin edit: Some off topic comments removed.

i know that mine to it wasnt so long ago that a mining company tried to get it up and running again /watch the submerged shaft up the end near were the water flows out of the wall Tom

Raymo said:
dean65 said:
Hunting the yellow said:

Thanks dean! I have been going to Strathbogie ranges for over twenty years. I know there area very well I know where all the old stone cottages are, even Ned Kelly's old hide out, which is just below rocky Ned, we have hunted so many feral pigs there it's not funny. It's actually very easy to find! there a lot more there In the bush if you look properly.

That area has no current leases except for the crystal mines and I know both lease owners I've worked in one of them and are good mates with another.

Admin edit: Off topic comments removed.

Raymo said:
Enigma said:
Hello Raymo.
Let me know?

your in layor bud nowhere near Flowerdale ?

Enigma said:
Hunting the yellow said:
Well where are your photos?? Id be curious to see them as i like the mine photos.? But you have to admit the other photos here are cool. Dean and Raymo do a good job showing the world.

I don't post many because raymo just decides he owns everyone's things and seals them then posts them as his on his Facebook page instead of doing the foot work to find them and find his own

P1020613 by ,

that is why I have to put copyright on my pictures now

Love the pics and history behind them all, so fascinating and amazing how hard the oldtimers worked!! "respect" !!!

I enjoyed following this thread but....... :eek:

It has turned WAY too political and bitchy for my tastebuds. :8

I hope you guys sort this out soon and get back to sharing your adventures again!! ;)

madhatter said:
Love the pics and history behind them all, so fascinating and amazing how hard the oldtimers worked!! "respect" !!!

I enjoyed following this thread but....... :eek:

It has turned WAY too political and bitchy for my tastebuds. :8

I hope you guys sort this out soon and get back to sharing your adventures again!! ;)
no bitching on my behalf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts