Gold Racer in the Field

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received a small batch of the new Makro 2.4 ghz wireless headphones yesterday. Did a quick test on the gold racer and I'm impressed.

- Very loud output, had to drop the main volume control
- nice and comfy on the head, just a nice amount of clamping pressure
- instant pairing. Just click the dongle into the side of the detector and turn on the headphones
- very crisp sound, but still have a bit of bass in there as well, will be good on the 3-tone mode on the racer 2
- great idea to have a small socket where you can plug the supplied cable in and connect them to your detector in case you forget to charge them

Price for them is $168.

1467856167_20160707_110952-1-800x744.jpg

1467856182_20160707_110912-1-768x811.jpg

1467856210_20160707_111200-1-768x976.jpg

1467856232_20160707_111144-1-768x827.jpg

Just a note, these headphones only suit the Gold Racer and the Racer 2. The original red Racer uses bluetooth so isn't compatible.
Estimated run time is quoted at 14-20 hrs which is great news!

I know this is a tuff question on an open forum, bit how does the racer compare to the SDC?

davent said:
I know this is a tuff question on an open forum, bit how does the racer compare to the SDC?

Even the standard racer will see Gold smaller than the SDC will, my machine can do that without effort as in less than 0.01 grams, Any of the Top line VLFs will find small/Tiny Gold, and If Tiny Gold like the SDC can see is your Goal then a VLF will do it Because the SDC only see's those Tiny nuggets that you see posted in the Top few Inches so a VLF will keep up with it, Its only when it comes to small Gold in the 6 to 10 inch range In Very Hot Ground does the SDC come in to its Own, On Large Gold in medium to Hot Ground the VLFs do ok, But in very Hot to Extreme Ground the SDC will do better, Really a person would always be better of to use a VLF to Test/Read the ground Mineral content because if you can cheat and get away with a VLF then that will save you a lot of back breaking work for nothing,

You only have to watch Nenad has done with his Racer to see what you can do with it, So If he can do it, With his Guidance you can do it Too.

hope this helps, John.

davent said:
Nenad's probably the only one who could answer that?
I've used a few VLF machines & some will do ok against the SDC but only to a point. Once you get into moderately mineralised ground up then the SDC will start to get a rapid advantage but I do know that the Gold Racer does have improvement over machines like the GMT but I'm yet to use the Racer.
I also know I've found in situ specks less than 0.01 gram with the SDC with little effort apart from seeing them :lol: I've also found enough small bits with the SDC, like those in the pic above, to know it don't miss them but the operator might - no matter how good.

The guy in the video makes me laugh, Funny Guy.

One thing I did notice is he waved his hand over the coil when he had a hand full of dirt, That machine would of made that signal on his bare hand even if there was no dirt in it, All of my machines will do that from 4 to 6 inches plus, Gotta have them scoops handy, I had to import one from the US because no one over here sells them

John.

As others have mentioned, the hotter the soil the greater the advantage of the SDC. But as soon as you go to milder soils the Gold Racer quickly catches up and eventually surpasses the SDC on certain gold.

One area the gold racer wins hands down is near high voltage power lines. They are different tools and do different things very well. E.g try hunt coins with an SDC in a trashy park...GR will do it with ease.

Here is todays effort in the racer small gold stakes.A small wafer speckie read 62 on the id.2 inches deep. Very nearly walked away as i was in hot rock heaven.pretty sure i have those sorted anything in the 10's and 90"s.and if you bounce the coil up and down they will have a steady reading usually a 3.The gold readings i havnt worked out how to get the numbers to settle but dig anything within the 40,50,60 range for sure.

1468739275_img_1846_1.jpg

1468739297_img_1854.jpg

lewy said:
Here is todays effort in the racer small gold stakes.A small wafer speckie read 62 on the id.2 inches deep. Very nearly walked away as i was in hot rock heaven.pretty sure i have those sorted anything in the 10's and 90"s.and if you bounce the coil up and down they will have a steady reading usually a 3.The gold readings i havnt worked out how to get the numbers to settle but dig anything within the 40,50,60 range for sure.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/142/1468739275_img_1846_1.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/142/1468739297_img_1854.jpg

Nice One Lewy, What sort of sound do the hot rocks make on the Racer ?

You did well to find that one in a place like that,

well done mate, John.

Not a sharp sound at all,you can definatly tell the difference after a while,The sound hesitates and comes back,sort of.Using it in all" though.I can send you some if you like, ;)

lewy said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/142/1468739275_img_1846_1.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/142/1468739297_img_1854.jpg

Brian, have you been out latley?

Dave hope to go out today,Bloody gas bottle on the house ran out last night so have to wait to order one this morning.Think i will look at margaret river area.