Minelab Go-Find information, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoky bandit said:
Hey fred...i have used the go find 20..and must say i was impresed.....just turn on and go....perfect for kids /adults ect....i usually use a xterra 705....but i kept going back to the go find when i was serching the beach....penetrates deeper than i expected...perfect for coins on the beach....im sure the 40 would impress even more :D
hey s b ,I am looking for a detector that i can afford as a pensiuoner to teach my grandkids the basics .A garret 250 worth $450 is a bit high compared to $200 for a go-find . If the kids stay with it i will buy them a good one .

Goldpick said:
Probably one of the worst things about it is the mono coil, non interchangable (what happens when it wears out?), and reasonably hard to pinpoint with compared to a concentric or DD. It's not the deepest detector in the world, though what beginners detectors are. Aside from that, you don't really want the little tackers digging two foot holes in parks, so not really a concern.

As it is intended for some beach use, it does have auto tracking to salt, something lacking from many detectors at the same price point, not to mention a backlit screen on the more expensive models.

I think the Go-Find series has had a bit of a rough trot considering most reviews and opinions have been from more experienced detectorists that probably expected a bit too much, when the market wasn't really intended to be aimed at them. If I was still a kid looking to try out detecting, I certainly wouldn't pass one up.
If the grandkids use it enough to wear out the coil i will give them my back up 705 cos they be hooked .No offence to 705 owners but cant tell ya my favorite detector u just laugh

Get the 40 because you can hook it up to the smart phone and it will actually tell you what coin in under the ground fairly accurately and that would be great to get the kids hooked on it if they can see a pic of what is potentially under the ground.

I have the go find 60, yes it's build quality is cheap, yes is a basic detector but I have paid for mine already just with 1 - 2 dollar coins in parks easy and I just dig when then a decent coin shows up on my phone screen. And would be good for kids as one can swing detector and one hold the phone and tell the other one what came up so they can dig?

jamie said:
old fred, if you are near Wollongong at all mate you are welcome to give my go find 40 a test run see what you think before spending coin on one
Thanks a lot Jamie , Im not sure when i heading that way but will keep it in mind

Hey all,

has any one had any luck with one of these on wet sand. mine always seems to act like its hitting targets every swing as soon as I hit wet sand.

Am I doing something wrong.

Regards

hyperscott said:
Hey all,

has any one had any luck with one of these on wet sand. mine always seems to act like its hitting targets every swing as soon as I hit wet sand.

Am I doing something wrong.

Regards

Gday mate, :)
Firstly...
I don't own a go find detector but I did look into it based on the price and the fact I live 5 mins away from the bay. :D
I didn't purchase one for the reason that I read a lot of users complaining about flase signals!! :eek: 8.( :brokenh:
Apparently these units are prone the having these bugs in them so I decided against buying one.
Maybe that's what you are experiencing.
But....
As I stated at the start, I don't own one and I don't beach detect so maybe others here will have other opinions and enlighten you some more. :Y:
Good luck with it ;) :)

Hello forum,

I'm pretty pissed to be honest, I got my go-find 60 last Thursday, I've been on a few short hunts and it was working decently. I took it to the beach yesterday and ventured down to the water but it went mental in the wet sand so I gave up and went back to the dry sand.

Today I went to my local park to bleep around abit, and the detector was just going crazy again throwing up multiple tones every second for all types of metals.

I figured it could be residual sand on the coil making it do that, took it home wiped it down and but it's still doing what it was before, every metal tone multiple times a second. But now with the addition of what to me sounds like an emergency service deep siren

Does anyone know what's happened? Can I fix it or do I need to try to beg the store to swap it.

I bearly submerged the coil in the sea, and I've been super precious with it - so much so been driving with it on my lap rather than chuck it in the boot of the car. I'm sure I've not done anything to break it.

I'm super disappointed, I was having a ton of fun up until now :( :mad:

Yeh it's faulty!
Send it back and they will give you a new one, the same thing happened to my daughters go-find 40.
They are actually pretty good on wet sand.

Daggy

How do you have the detector set for wet sand? Discrimination on? Low sensitivity? No matter what I did it wouldn't work on wet sand, guess my unit was just faulty

I do have go find 60. It does not really do wet sand. But someone suggested that I use only non motion mode(pin point mode=all metal mode) and reduce sensitivity accordingly. But I have not tried that yet.

I used it recently and discrimination symbol is not that accurate. But at least It makes low tone when large items are detected.

Should try at backyard. If going crazy, it must be faulty. Send back to shop.

Hi everyone,
As I am on a pension (so funds are extremely limited) I am purchasing my first metal detector, I am aware it can find coins and small things like this, but I have family in the golden triangle and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with finding gold with it (not wanting to hear how I should have brought a bigger detector or a better one because I've saved for 17 months to get this one) so what are the things people have found with the go-find 20 and is gold a possible find with this detector.

Cheers everyone.

Welcome aboard and remember, it's better to be a Hazbeen than a 'Neverwas'. :lol:

The Go Find 20 will certainly give you some fun finding coins, relics and possibly jewellery, but your chances of gold nuggets with it are vanishingly slim, especially in the highly mineralised ground typical of the Golden Triangle in productive areas. But give it a shot anyway - who knows, there might be some there waiting just for you!

Latest posts