any local for a fosick. Mid North Coast

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey fellow fossickers .a little bout my self.26 year old every chance im in bush or creek intaking the natural world. Nature wow. I live on the side off magic mountain tarbuck bay(near seal rocks)nsw. Im a fully qual cert 3 out door recreation. So that means certificate to be a guied for camping bush walking,kayaking canoeing,and rock climbing.www.adacou.com.au .

So thats me but what i realy would like is to ask is for a fellow fossicker from my area to teach me or show me the trick off the trade .iv been doing my reserch but no real luck. Iv got a 4 wheel drive ute for camping and lugging me along the road to my destination in the bush. I have my own rock climbing gear to climb to the hard and unsafe spots. Thanks and hope to fossick somewhere new soon .

Gday and welcome to the forum Adrian, have you had a search on here yet to see if there are some local spots to find near you, the search function is pretty good for that.
Are you looking at taking customers out for a fossick ? , if so you will probably only get help on here to find the already known and talked about spots, but once you are under way an into a little exploration I'm sure you will find special unknown spots of your own anyway, at your age the world is still your oyster young fella, if I were down that way I'd help you out if I could. :)

Hey there . Im Not looking for clients or custmers . But was sorta premoting my mates buissness witch i do help from time to time as im am qualified. just trying to make new fellow fossick friends in and around my area . Just tryin to say we can use my gear to get oass dangerous or hard to get too spots using my rock climbing gear or kayaks. Thank mate . New at this but i will pick it all up soon. Cheers

Hi Adrian. deano here from coffs harbour.

We have an excellent free minerolgy map of the mid north coast. It is highly incomplete however showing mostely old mines and soil types.
Any of the fossickable areas near the old mines especially in the alluvials downstream is a goodplace to start. This applies to all minerals and gems. Look for "placer Deposits" in old ancient creek beds or where you think there might have been a creek based on the lie of the land. Sapphires up towards Ebor and Guyra are plentifull and quite easy to find. ( a nice clear big one is a lot harder to find..) Gold all around the Mid North Coast from Port Maquarie To Woolgoolga and inland. Both fine in beach sands and dunes and fleck and nuggets in most of the rivers and creeks headwaters. Crystals and such look for fault lines and areas of intrusion by volcanics which create the right conditions for crystal growth, where erosion may have partly exposed in hard rock or gully walls.

Follow that Coffs - Dorrigo minerological (google it I cant post links yet.) map with identifying access spots and likely placers by Goo gle earth. I think you can download or view it in G earth as an overlay.

Feel free to message me 0413295005 or email at [email protected] if you need . Get that map (its free).

Latest posts