⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I did get out for few hours today "Fathers Day" :)

9sz0.jpg

p5k9.jpg

7xz4.jpg

84nq.jpg

Nice work Joe. My mate Joe and I went to Sapphire Bend today for a dig and got a few nice little ones. Was not much water there so brought home a tub full of semi washed gravel to go through. Pictured stones are what we picked out there. So I'm hoping the tub has quite a few in there, anyway was a nice day in the forest.

1378033043_20130901_191111.jpg

Colin&Lee said:
Very nice big fella,

You only keeping quarter inchers ;) with your giant sieve :p ?

Col

Thanks Col, yes mate had to introduce quarter inch seive after finding stuff like this in my waste.
sbij.jpg

Heatho said:
Nice work Joe. My mate Joe and I went to Sapphire Bend today for a dig and got a few nice little ones. Was not much water there so brought home a tub full of semi washed gravel to go through. Pictured stones are what we picked out there. So I'm hoping the tub has quite a few in there, anyway was a nice day in the forest.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1378033043_20130901_191111.jpg

Nice blue color Heatho, Sapphire Bend is on my list to visit mate :) If I have limited time after each flip I scoop the centre of heavies with my hand and throw it in a spare bucket for later.

Cheers Joe, yeah it's a good spot to have a go, we were just in the main fossicking area yestereday. The wash layer is right on top in places so it's pretty easy digging, did not get a speck of gold though after a few test pans. Though there were a tiny Sapphire or 2 in pretty much every pan I did test.

Hi Heatho, :D

I was at sapphire bend yesterday afternoon, met James and Tim they have red car.
and we park right at the road gold tarago Van.

Is your car the Silver Rav 4 all the way inside?

Cheers,
"B"

Hey there, yeah that was us, Silver Prado though. I think you guys left just before we did. How did you go, any good? We'll probably have a dig somewhere else there next time. Just around the corner looks good.

Prado! Very nice, :D

Yes we got a couple small blues.
But digging outside the fossicking area needs a permit. :(

Cheers,
"B"

Beautiful Blues Heatho ;)

Let me know next time you are heading up. Good luck with Barrington Tops this weekend :)

Paul that is a very interesting specimen. Where did you say you found it?

Hi MTMM , I think I bought it in NZ a few years ago. The pic above is what I found online, the link above it shows my sample , but it is not valuable , like rubies are :(

Latest posts