Balxie's Gold Adventures videos.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see another video mate. The young fella is pretty good for his age to be able to stick it out like he does. He'll be hooked before long. Nice bit of colour to top the day off. Cheers Rick.

kemjak57 said:
Good to see another video mate. The young fella is pretty good for his age to be able to stick it out like he does. He'll be hooked before long. Nice bit of colour to top the day off. Cheers Rick.
Thanks Rick, he loves it out there but with so much water in the creek he is a bit limited in his exploring. He wants to feed the highbanker but the water is to deep. Summer time i will be able to stretch him out a bit. Might pack the IPAD and get him watching a movie. haha.

Great work Balx. Love your Videos mate. I recon you and your young bloke are a great team . Looks like you got a couple of chunky bits as well. What a bonus.
All the very best mate
Cheers
Mark :) :) :)

Beagleboy said:
Hi Balx, good to see your high banker is working and producing some gold. Thanks for sharing the video.
Yeah there is a certain amount of satisfaction in a machine you built actually doing what it is supposed too. Still got a few tweeks to do. Thanks for watching.

Nice work Balxy. Good to see an other episode of your adventures. :)

Yes, fair bit of water. As said above, some nice chunky bits in amongst your finds.

The HB seems to be doing it's job hey.

Well done!

Ag Man said:
Nice work Balxy. Good to see an other episode of your adventures. :)

Yes, fair bit of water. As said above, some nice chunky bits in amongst your finds.

The HB seems to be doing it's job hey.

Well done!
Thanks mate, the extra water made getting about a bit hard. But well worth it.

Balx,

What are the dimensions of the sluice section of your banker?

With young Kids I need to be able to hear what they are doing so I have excluded a Petrol Pump, however a Generator would be OK I think. Was looking at Deep Cycle Battery and Bilge Pump (possibly 2) but Batteries weigh to much to be practical for me.

I have been thinking 1000 x 230 (or between 210 - 230) for the bottom section but i'm unsure what dimensions would suit these pumps.

Thanks
Brad

Goudie74 said:
Balx,

What are the dimensions of the sluice section of your banker?

With young Kids I need to be able to hear what they are doing so I have excluded a Petrol Pump, however a Generator would be OK I think. Was looking at Deep Cycle Battery and Bilge Pump (possibly 2) but Batteries weigh to much to be practical for me.

I have been thinking 1000 x 230 (or between 210 - 230) for the bottom section but i'm unsure what dimensions would suit these pumps.

Thanks
Brad
Mine is 1000 x 250mm, But you need a decent bilge, Thats why i went with the 240v, Could run 2x 3700, 12v, but I reckon most bilge's are over quoted on specs. That inverter is perfect, plus you can run them further away if you want and you wont hear it at all. batteries are way to heavy if you want to run for a decent amount of time, although depends on the size of the banker.

TenOunce Tone said:
What is the inverter you are using there mate, looks pretty compact, is it 240v or 12 v?

Cheers, Tone
Its both mate, although the 12v only gives 4 amps, haven't tried that yet.

Hey balx and mick. I'm really impressed with both those set ups. You really have me thinking about changing my plan of attack with what sort of pump. What is starting to make me think is the idea of a generator that can be used for other things and not just pumping water. And defiantly more in my price range.
Back to the drawing board ;)
Greg

Greglz86 said:
Hey balx and mick. I'm really impressed with both those set ups. You really have me thinking about changing my plan of attack with what sort of pump. What is starting to make me think is the idea of a generator that can be used for other things and not just pumping water. And defiantly more in my price range.
Back to the drawing board ;)
Greg
Yeah I have a petrol pump aswell, but the inverter is just so handy, Plus you can keep the kids gadgets going, longer time in the camping and longer time in the creek.

Hey balx.
Just wondering what sort of distance you can move the water with a pump like that before it starts to lose pressure.
Greg

Greglz86 said:
Hey balx.
Just wondering what sort of distance you can move the water with a pump like that before it starts to lose pressure.
Greg
Has 8.5m head but i would use my petrol pump anytime I needed some distance, Doubt it would be practical over to far, depends on your banker and how much water it needs.

Another great vid Balx - keep 'em coming.

Gotta say, some of those pieces looked to be pretty decent size, will be interesting to see what your clean-up is after a full day or two of digging ...... hopefully your son gets more & more enthused about longer trips out to the river.

Cheers

Drewe.

Mr Sism said:
Another great vid Balx - keep 'em coming.

Gotta say, some of those pieces looked to be pretty decent size, will be interesting to see what your clean-up is after a full day or two of digging ...... hopefully your son gets more & more enthused about longer trips out to the river.

Cheers

Drewe.
Thanks mate, gold looks good in that spot, like it as chunky as I can get it. Brayds has been coming for ages but with the water so high he gets bored quickly when it drops a bit he will be in shoveling, he loves it.

gtsjeff said:
Has anyone seen one of these in action?
It would hopefully reduce the size of battery that you had to carry for a 12 volt bilge pump if it didnt have enough power to run it itself.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Portable.../390648213420?pt=AU_Solar&hash=item5af472afac

They look good Jeff.
I've heard of larger units but just never seen them.

How good would that be - run the HB or hand trommel during the day & bung it in the creek next to where you camping & run 12V lights as long as you wish at night...
No fuel to worry about & light @ 3kg.

Thanks for posting this.

Had a good day down at the creek yesterday and some good gold. Sorry about the 2 little blank sections i should have watched it before I posted it. Enjoy, You can subscribe and comment as well, I love the positive feedback. Cheers Balx.

Latest posts