Couple of cabs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers AR, iam getting there slowly.
The bottom one is agate. Its hard to see in the photo, but if you follow the line intersecting the stone you can just make out the banding arrowing off the line.
I hope to set most of the ones in the top photo, the dendritic piece will end up being a pendant for the wife or daughter, though the agate i may just keep as is, not sure yet.

Its mesmerizing stuff, i can sit there looking at it for ages picking out different little patterns.
I saw a piece of it recently that had a landscape that looked like it had the sun setting in a Japanese style garden. Its really amazing what can be on the inside of a rock.

shivan said:
Its mesmerizing stuff, i can sit there looking at it for ages picking out different little patterns.
I saw a piece of it recently that had a landscape that looked like it had the sun setting in a Japanese style garden. Its really amazing what can be on the inside of a rock.

yep, some bits at first glance you would swear that it hadn't formed naturally but someone had painted it!

Cheers guys.
Still have to take the crystal back a little to match the other side better on the banded piece, but it should polish up nicely.
The red piece has a flaw coming out in the bottom right corner which is a shame, not sure if i will finish it or put it in the tumbler.

Latest posts