DeathKiss's Finds - Ace 250

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathKiss

George Popa
Reaction score
Hey guys,
As you may know I'm new into metal detecting and I've managed today to have my first swing with AtomRat with his Ace250 (mine still somewhere in transit) , as I've asked him if he can teach me how to swing around, tips and settings.

It was a good day and good to find a nice person that would like to show and tell as well as to help me finding my first coins and a medal.
Due of the efforts, time and respect towards Atom, I decided to give him the medallion in exchange for the time spent and nerves with me.
"You swing to fast, slowly, left right, pinpoint, left right"
As per usual, found for the first time some 1c,2c,5c,20c and $2

Medal:Coronation of King George V & Queen Mary Commemorative, Australia, 1911
Details:
https://victoriancollections.net.au/items/4f72b02f97f83e03086041b5
http://collections.museumvictoria.com.au/items/52622

1472385603_img_6799.jpg

1472385618_img_6800.jpg

1472385635_img_6801.jpg

1472385647_img_6802.jpg

1472385662_img_6803.jpg

Atom will come with better pics after he cleans it :D :p

Un digging the medal:
1472385902_fullsizerender.jpg

1472385932_fullsizerender1.jpg

Can`t wait to post more, after i get my bloody detector delivered :cool:

Lmao Was a great day meeting both of you today and thank you :) Ripper of a find to pop soo early, its a great sign as what's to come! Lets hope that ace shows up in the mail very soon! I think Deathkiss went very well today and kept a lot of patience as we dug many many junk targets through out the hours, and getting used to how the detector reacts, top efforts mate!! I brought along the aldi as well which he had a swing at, but the Ace was the main focus. Cant wait to go swinging with you again soon :cool: Hurry up Australia Post :mad: :lol:

Good onya atom
Well done and congrats to you DK
If thats the caliber of your first find ... God help us all :lol:
Hope your ace turns up soon :rolleyes:
Will be following your posts

Sandta said:
Good onya atom
Well done and congrats to you DK
If thats the caliber of your first find ... God help us all :lol:
Hope your ace turns up soon :rolleyes:
Will be following your posts

Begginer`s Luck ...
was amazed about the find, and yes I wanted to give to Atom the find.

Sometime in life, making friends and keeping them it`s hard, at least I`ve paid in a way or another his teaching and will do it again :)
:8

I see a pinpointer in your future detecting equipment mate, will make recovering stuff a lot easier, can be difficult without one. Get a quality one though as the cheap ones don't really work. Good on you for getting out and having a go.

Heatho said:
I see a pinpointer in your future detecting equipment mate, will make recovering stuff a lot easier, can be difficult without one. Get a quality one though as the cheap ones don't really work. Good on you for getting out and having a go.

pinpointer is on buy list :) had no time to breathe due of work commitments ... so i`ll get when i free myself lol :)
or someone please link a page to buy :D

rocketaroo said:
Where is Ramjets retrieval methods thread....sounds like your hooked :)

i know it looks "messy"
i`m trying to cover as much as i can ... the coin area was sandy hence the mess, at least i`m at the start and all i`ve learnt from Atom it gets there slowly if i keep practicing :|

Latest posts