Victorian prospector unearths 145-ounce gold nugget

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread should be closed imo. someone found a large nugget good luck to who ever it was.

May all the wannabes find their own and get belted for it, keyboard experts.

End of rant

RM Outback said:
This thread should be closed imo. someone found a large nugget good luck to who ever it was.

May all the wannabes find their own and get belted for it, keyboard experts.

End of rant

It's got nothing to do with it, And people have a right to talk and have an opinion, whether we agree with them does not matter, But that is their right just the same,

In the same way I don't agree with you.

John.

All i can if i found something like that it would be quickly and descretly taken to a bank and i would be covering every other inch of the same area until i was convinced i have found them all. The last thing i would be doing is creating a media storm about it . I understand there is extra money to be made doing that but it can be done months down the track.
I do find it odd though that within a WEEK of being found Minelab had already compiled PR images etc ...i dont know of many businesses that could act that quickly to get things organized. Just sounds to quick to me .

Here is another story for everyone to stu over. An acquaintance of mine was in Dunolly yesterday and was told by an older person that the " nugget " was found on a private property in Moliagul owners supposedly named " Pike," who now is allowing persons on the property if they pay $100,so far 13 have taken up the offer????? LOL. What is going on here, words fail me.

Why cant the landowner make a few extra quid? If it was my land I'd be allowing camping AND I'd be putting a food van there too :p :D :p

Seriously tho, good luck to the finder, it would be good if he had an arrangement with the landowner to split some cash their way, IF indeed it was found on private land.

paul_mac1 said:
Why cant the landowner make a few extra quid? If it was my land I'd be allowing camping AND I'd be putting a food van there too :p :D :p

Seriously tho, good luck to the finder, it would be good if he had an arrangement with the landowner to split some cash their way, IF indeed it was found on private land.

$100 for a week or two is fine but not per day, :eek: :eek:

John,

I agree John, not forgetting though, my information was third hand. It sounded fairly reliable caus the elderly person had lived in the " Dun " most of his life. Still doesn't mean anything though.I guess we would all like to be the finder, no matter how the story ends up.

Gotta love this thread.... $100 per person and 13 have taken up his offer... that's $1300 so far... He only needs 85 more "people" and he has a new GPZ... :lol: :lol:

LoneWolf....

It was in my back yard.
Really (the guy getting $100 has to be just an opertunist getting in on the action)
If it was fair dinkum he would have gone over the property with a fine tooth comb, multiple times, no guarantees on anyone getting anything either (naturally).

Originally said "con artist" but opertunist I think fits better. Ken.

Leroy said:
Here is another story for everyone to stu over. An acquaintance of mine was in Dunolly yesterday and was told by an older person that the " nugget " was found on a private property in Moliagul owners supposedly named " Pike," who now is allowing persons on the property if they pay $100,so far 13 have taken up the offer????? LOL. What is going on here, words fail me.

Sad but true fact ...... a lot of the productive gold areas ARE on private property.
Anyone that does any research will have noticed the same thing, would love to get access to some of these areas and believe a lot of the gold that is found comes from such areas.

Would I pay $100 for access ???? depends on where it is and how many have been there previously (legit or trespassing).
A few areas yes I'd pay that, but would prefer to have some guarantee of future access, other places maybe #100 for a few days/week camping & detecting.

Some "gold tours" are already in "partnership" with landowners and take tours to private property gold areas.

Whether this a case of a landowner cashing in and telling porkies ???? Guess we'll probably never really know.

Happy hunting,
T.