Nugget Finder Mono 8x6 Sadie Coil

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pilbarachad, thank you so much for taking the time to give out so much information, if I find anything I will definitely let you know and post up some pics,I wish I could help out with information coming back to you guys but unfortunately I don't know enough yet, however once I do know a bit I will then help as many new blokes as I can to give back to this forum, thanks once again

Anyone able to share their experience on how deep the Sadie will find items? The SDC depth thread is really enjoyable and I wondered about The Sadie with different targets, obviously the bigger the piece the better the depth but actual examples would be greatly appreciated as would any additional info on settings for outings around Ballarat.
C

On red noisy surfacing ,size 0.2 gram,1.5 to 2 inches ,in Golden triangle plus the 14x9 covers more ground than a sadie and 7 inch sdc coil regards j :) ohn

I have a Sadie coil though John and would just like to know a bit more about it from more experienced users, suggesting using another coil or an SDC etc. kind of defeats the purpose of the thread. I always appreciate your posts though, and would take the opportunity to thank you for the other myriad of info I have gleaned from them, so thanks, much appreciated.
C

Finally recieved my Sadie today! Stoked. Have the 15 spoked evo for my 45 plus the 25 inch evo and the standard minelab coils. 11 inch mono and dd. Have had a dry spell.since Australia Day. Hopefully with the Sadie I can start to turn it around this weekend. If the missus lets me out ha ha

I am considering buying a Sadie coil. however I've been told that the original Sadie coils are wound differently to the newer ones. Apparently the newer Sadie is wound the same as my Coiltec Elite so wouldn't make much difference. Anybody know?.

Nugget Finder make a series of coils called the Evo (Evolution). These use spiral windings like the Coiltek Elite coils.
Currently the smallest NF Evo available is the 12" x 8".
The Sadie coils (8" x 6") are still Advantage series bundle wound coils.
If you have a small spiral wound Evo or Elite coil then I think most would agree a Sadie wouldn't be required.

After 2 years detecting with my 4500 and 5 or so sub grammars Mostly picked up with the 11 commander and 1 with the 15 evo. Im goldless 95% of my trips out which is all fine but would be nice finding even the tiniest bit of gold Id be happy with on most trips.

My question is will a Sadie give me more consistent gold finds all else considered? I always thought the bigger coils were king but it just shows actually how rare larger pieces of gold actually are so would be happy finding very small bits. Seems sdc users find gold just about of every outing and my logic is the Sadie could be the same?? Im aware its not going to fundamentally sniff out gold constantly but I just thought I might find more gold with it?

From my experience, using SDC & GPX with various coils including the Sadie, the Sadie WILL sniff out those smaller sub 0.1gm nuggets that the SDC (and apparently GPZ) finds pretty regularly.

Using larger coils I've found many shotty pellets, and by default smaller gold, are missed, going over the same ground with the SDC readily identifies what's been missed ..... the Sadie will do the same.

I still get gold on close to 100% of my outings BUT it is getting scarce and smaller, I guess a result of more people out there looking.

At the end of the day regardless of detector/coil you have to walk over a patch that others have missed ....... the Sadie will put you on to gold but those larger have the capability of blowing 6 months of small gold away with 1 good find (if you're lucky).

Cheers T.

Teemore said:
From my experience, using SDC & GPX with various coils including the Sadie, the Sadie WILL sniff out those smaller sub 0.1gm nuggets that the SDC (and apparently GPZ) finds pretty regularly.

Using larger coils I've found many shotty pellets, and by default smaller gold, are missed, going over the same ground with the SDC readily identifies what's been missed ..... the Sadie will do the same.

I still get gold on close to 100% of my outings BUT it is getting scarce and smaller, I guess a result of more people out there looking.

At the end of the day regardless of detector/coil you have to walk over a patch that others have missed ....... the Sadie will put you on to gold but those larger have the capability of blowing 6 months of small gold away with 1 good find (if you're lucky).

Cheers T.

I think it may be worth investing in one. Gold on all your outings! how do you do it :argh: I swear i do everything right but hardly come home with a spec of gold. I always blame where i go as being "flogged" but thats just trying to make myself feel better :playful: I don't have a 4x4 (cx5) so generally going to places that are very accessible to anyone

VicGoldHunter said:
I think it may be worth investing in one. Gold on all your outings! how do you do it :argh: I swear i do everything right but hardly come home with a spec of gold. I always blame where i go as being "flogged" but thats just trying to make myself feel better :playful: I don't have a 4x4 (cx5) so generally going to places that are very accessible to anyone

I did say close to 100% of outings, I do have an occasional bust ...... yes it's gold but after 6 hours (often in very flogged ground) 1 or 2 pieces is no great reward (but it is gold).

Don't worry too much about not having a 4X4, as long as you have more ground clearance than an SS Holden you should be OK in most areas ...... I just have a RWD Territory, no 4WD but it does have ground clearance.

In a lot of cases people drive right past the start of any diggings and further up nearby tracks .... this is often a good place to start, have found gold within a few metres of the car on a few occasions next to major tracks.

The other thing is to do what others have neglected to do, move logs/rocks/think debris to get your coil as close as possible to the ground .... wear that skid plate out.

Pics of last 4 outings .....
1614583375_e6a9c0f5-fbef-4fef-90be-21bf4d1b3392.heic

1614583375_051eedfc-d530-4150-96f2-a80b5883f588_1_201_a.jpg

1614583375_f1a39d17-4b2a-42f7-aa0f-8a4c5c69a5e4_1_201_a.jpg

1614583376_9e7195b8-88d8-4c0b-8ef1-7d81d600d662_1_201_a.jpeg

Lately Ive been going over a few areas Ive hit with my 12 evo and thought Id picked up everything. Ive come back with my Sadie and picked up many tiny nuggets that my evo missed mostly all of them where in tight spots where evo couldnt go over probably but I was still surprised finding them. I also dig many hot rocks with the Sadie cant seem to balance them out but its still a great little coil .

The 11 commander coil will sniff out small gold, only reason to consider a Sadie coil is if their is a lot of tight spots amongst the rock clustered together . Save the coin for fuel to scout out other locations. No matter what coil you have on if their is no gold their their is no gold. Try playing with settings to get the optimum out of the machine. Ive been where an sdc has been and still managed to pinged gold that an sdc has missed. Perseverance is key dont get discouraged enjoy the bush relax and have fun.

Latest posts