SteelPhase booster problem on SDC

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm using a PhaseTech booster and happened to knock it against a sapling when I placed the machine on the ground. Was operating as it should prior to the knock now it's intermittent to the point I can't operate with it. Checked the battery which is fine can't see any damage internal or external. Has anyone experienced this problem if so can you share your knowledge. I'll email PhaseTech for their opinion just thought I'd ask here as well. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Pretty small joints in those boxes. Could spell trouble for me, the Meat Pies (eye's) are playing up of late. Need to go to Spec Savers I reckon, 2 for 1 so they say. Wasn't a hard knock and to add insult the sucker was about 20mm diameter tops, literally just placed the machine on the ground.

All sorted for now, it's not the booster or leads but the machine it self. Will send to ML for repair and tomorrow I'm receiving a PT wireless unit & set of Gogs. Be a while before I get to use them I suppose, bugger.

Forgot to add, wasn't a PhaseTech booster at all but a DETacc. Alan who makes them was a great help, will keep you posted on Minelab findings.

Hang in there RM Outback, you wil not go wrong with the phase tech wireless setup and the Gogs. I am using both on my 5000 and the SDC, I just swap the wireless over. Half a day with the 5 and then 2 or 3 hours SDC. I use the Guitar amp (booster) on the SDC, so far everything is working perfectly.

Leroy said:
Hang in there RM Outback, you wil not go wrong with the phase tech wireless setup and the Gogs. I am using both on my 5000 and the SDC, I just swap the wireless over. Half a day with the 5 and then 2 or 3 hours SDC. I use the Guitar amp (booster) on the SDC, so far everything is working perfectly.

Yeah got no choice in the matter I was hoping to have a crack this weekend. Oh well I'll just have to use the 5K, didn't get the battery setup to rig the GPX as wireless. Another accessory to consider down the track. Wouldn't mind finding some decent colour first, spent a few bucks todate. Glad to hear it's been a positive for you Leroy, are you heading to Harvest Home on the cup weekend. If I do make it & your there it'd be great to say G'day

Don't know where I'll be on that date but as day draws nearer I will see what's happening on that day, I would certainly like to call and meet PA people , at least to say hello. I got the small mine lab battery to go wireless on the 5000, it works great and I guess it's a good backup.

Got the machine back today turns out there were a few loose connections in the wiring loom which caused the audio problem. Fixed under warranty so I'm happy. ML said the fault was caused during manufacture. So if you have any audio issue with an SDC and it's under warranty don't try to fix it send it to ML for repair. Otherwise you may comprise the water proof integrity and void any further warranty.

Looking forward to the weekend and trying the wireless set up & Gogs

Latest posts