Snake Gaiters

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funny enough i was thinking the same yesterday out in the bush and was looking at these ones today, seem ok and not to bad on the price, hope it helps mate or if anyone knows of a better set please speak up
cheers
Jamie

Hi MikeB05,

I have had a pair for over 12 months and am 100% happy with them, they are light and comfortable to wear and I also store my scoop in the side of them ;)

I picked mine up from Totally Workwear and from what they told me Parks Victoria also chose them for employees so must have past a fairly rigorous testing process I expect.

Rgds

Tryhard

Sparra said:
Old Fred said:
got snake protect ,pretty cumfy. Not too heavy.I know they stopped a large browny last summer so do the job

How much are they?? Found them online,$139.00.
i paid about $100 for them .not cheap but saved me from a bite

Well times have changed! :lol:
After pretty much saying they were unnecessary awhile ago a few solo trips & some reasonably close snake sightings got me thinking about it a bit. I bought a set of gaiters.
The intention was to wear them when in an isolated area by myself. The reality is I now wear them most days detecting in all seasons. They are good through grass etc. in winter to keep burrs, moisture etc. off your lower legs.
Never been tagged by a snake so can't give a thumbs up to them in that regards but I honestly still believe that if your wearing good trousers, boots & socks then your pretty safe anyway.
Make sure they are metal free too!

Looked it up and there is actualy one store near me 15 minutes away. Might have to get some to keep those Southern Brown snakes off me. Might ...will be a bad year for snakes and bushfires I think. Nearest anti Venom is 45 minutes away from my loc. Not a good scenario.

Dig'n-it said:
Hey Old Fred.
Can you tell us more about what happened. Just in case we can learn something from your experience ..... What to watch out for.
Cheers
I do 90% of prospecting in the north west qld .Very remote and genurally by myself and have come across a few snakes .the one that had a go was concealed in some spinafex and i must have spooked him cos he just up and had a go . Normally they move away or stand thier ground till u move off . Duck tape wont stop the bite of a King Brown cos they got the longest fangs off all aust snakes

Worst snake with the biggest fangs is a Death Adder. :)
Biggest mongrel of a snake we got.
Hate to say this but very few gaiters will stop them.

1472512138_10026067-sapper-protective-suitcase-stock-photo-detector-metal.jpg
:p