Potheads

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey fellas. I found this yesterday in a well known gold area, was thinking probably opium cone or similar. Looks old and looks like brass.what do you guys think?
1472357987_screenshot_2016-08-28-14-18-22.jpg
1472358016_screenshot_2016-08-28-14-18-26.jpg

hahaha, i found a cone made from a VB can about 6 months ago and it was still packed with hooch!.....its actually stitting in the shed still packed too haha.

my last hunt down the gold coast -

Have too many Miniature flower pots these days. The hard part is cleaning the black tar out of them...

Am waiting for a fresh find and then to get stopped by some boys in Blue with a sniffer dog :)

1472429557_2016-08-20_11.23.51_small.jpg

numpty said:
hahaha, i found a cone made from a VB can about 6 months ago and it was still packed with hooch!.....its actually stitting in the shed still packed too haha.

Hate a place where there have been a few DIY people...

The ally off cuts and the flattened cone pieces can give some good TID's but usually no coin around :)

AngerManagement said:
my last hunt down the gold coast -

Have too many Miniature flower pots these days. The hard part is cleaning the black tar out of them...

Am waiting for a fresh find and then to get stopped by some boys in Blue with a sniffer dog :)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...3760/1472429557_2016-08-20_11.23.51_small.jpg

So you get these clean AM????

Here's a tip (from a ciggy smoker)....put them in a bowl with 2-3 'Polident" or other denture cleaner, and then pour about 3-500 ml of boiling water (slowly) over them, enjoy the bubbling show, then allow to sit o'night.....clean up nice and shiny with a paper towel after rinsing.....

Gypsy

True enough Smoky, but as it's recorded as a 'find' and likely displayed with 'other' finds...they'd have to be right mongrels to prosecute...

Buuuut, it is possible, so better to err on the side of caution eh?. ;)

Gypsy

Latest posts