Nokta Fors Gold/CoRe - My Findings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would like to share some of the things I have found with my Nokta Fors Gold so that others might decide for themselves wether they believe this detector can do a job for them. This machine and the CoRe are pretty much one and the same machine, the CoRe has the COG mode for use at the beach that the Gold doesn't. The Gold has the BST mode which isn't present on the CoRe , but is the same as the DI2 mode on that detector. If buying new the CoRe is the better buy IMO for the fact it has the extra mode over the Gold. These finds are all with the Gold, but obviously the CoRe would have found them too.
I would advise having a look at the Nokta Fors Relic before buying either of these new too.

Only you know what you hope to find, so hopefully I can help.

If you expect me to review my finds based on a quick swing before lunch followed by a quick summary of the manufacturers Manual and photos of some gold I found last week with my Minelab you will be disappointed.

This Nokta Fors Gold has been USED and I recommend this machine 100% based on what it has found for me. Here is a selection.

1472013411_nokta_1.jpg

Coins, the machine like most others will get caught out by bottle tops in parks, but ring pulls etc. it discriminates out no problem, but be warned you might miss rings doing that.

1472013446_coins.jpg

Big coins are easy what about small coins?

1472013486_coins_b.jpg

Buckles

1472013518_buckles.jpg

1472013534_buckles_2.jpg

Musket balls

1472013623_musket_balls.jpg

Bullets

1472013646_bullets.jpg

Shells

1472013775_shells.jpg

Buttons, big n small

1472013705_buttons.jpg

Rings

1472013811_rings.jpg

Relics

1472013872_stuff1.jpg

Stuff, unclean hordes

1472013931_stuff2.jpg

Unclean Hordes 2

1472013976_stuff3.jpg

I suppose you might want to know if the Gold will find Gold. I can only say that I haven't found any, but I do primarily use it to find goldfield relics. Finding gold is far more difficult than some people would have you believe. With hand on heart I can say I have found these two bits of shot from a shotgun cartridge ($2 coin reference) and if the Fors Gold can find these it can find gold IMO. I can't say more than that.
1472014443_1450323386_shot1.jpg

I did find a nugget with the Fors Relic and air testing the 2 machines side by side with the nugget the Gold was as good at picking it up as the Relic, if I'd been swinging the Gold at the time I'm sure it would have done me proud too.

1472014897_gold1.jpg

The Nokta Fors CoRe and Relic can be found in Australia for sale here
http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/nokta-fors-core-detector-pro-pack/

Customer Service and product advice is top drawer with this seller.

I hope my own finds can help you make an informed decision if considering buying into the Gold or CoRe. I love using it.
C

Great overview of the Fors Gold Colin, we are currently really spoilt for choice when it comes to fast recovering VLF's at the moment. Both the Noktas and Makros offer excellent ability for the price point, great options if your budget cannot extend to something like a Deus. :)

Great machine to pick up second hand for sure, bargain prices now after the upgrades.

Today I went out specifically to try and find gold with the Fors Gold, 3 hours in what I feel was a really good spot. I don't own an SDC but looking at the posts on here of those that do, this seems like a typical lot.
It is so frustrating because the SDC owners always seem to somehow pick out a little goldie, but maybe they only post their findings on those occasions when they find a bit? I don't know.
The smallest piece of shot over to the left is tiny and the FG found it, the little nugget shaped thing needs a clean but I think it is lead.
I hope it can be seen that finding a nugget is more than possible, will keep on trying. :p

1472092518_img_0449.jpg

Not bagging the Nokta Colin as they are very good detectors but it's pretty rare to go out with the SDC and not get a piece of gold among the shotgun pellets, they are just outstandingly good at doing what they were built for.

Great review by the way.

Nah! :p :lol: Mate I just can't help but think if it's finding the shot then the gold should appear, are the gold bits smaller than the shot?
I don't know, I only find the big bits :p :lol:

I know you do that was a very nice lump, way bigger than anything I've found. :)

Yeah some nuggets the SDC gets are way smaller than the really small bird shot. It really is an amazing detector.

The smallest bit of shot in your pic would be a screamer on the surface of the ground with the SDC.

Though keep at it any nugs larger than 1/2 a gram would be no worries for the Nokta I reckon.

If you're finding all that lead and shell casings in a gold area, tells me it hasn't had a proper going over with detectors in the past. So, good chance there's still a few of the right colour laying about.

Another day relic hunting the Goldfields with the Nokta Fors Gold.
Nice looking axe head sitting on the surface, bullets including a banana shaped Martini Henry, nice big old heavy duty chain and a meathook found about 4 feet from it! And I found what looks like a penny barely 10 feet from a mine hole, will have to keep a note of this coin and the mine as they are connected.

1472622828_img_0454.jpg

Coin not cleaned yet, but feels like and looks like it's going to be a Victorian era Penny.

1472622848_img_0455.jpg

The Chinese played a very important part in the development of our Goldfields and consequently the building of what became modern Australia, not only for their mining activities but also their ability to grow and supply fresh vegetables under extremely difficult conditions with little water to the Western miners. Health issues were a big problem on the diggings with very little quality food and water and they saved countless lives by supplying these veggies.
2000 Chinese people moved to nearby Linton from Adelaide to follow the Goldrush crowds flocking to the area. I love detecting there as it's only 20mins from my house.
You can research your Chinese coin finds here

http://www.calgarycoin.com/reference/china/china8.htm

1473313071_3_coins.jpg

Discrimination... be careful what you wish for.
Again it depends on what floats your boat, quite a few gold hunters will find this stuff, curse a lot and throw it back into the hole or into the bush.
I love it.. I love to look at the diggings and think about how these spades and picks helped dig those holes, The axes clearing the forest for mineshaft supports, shelter and fires. The Fors models can be set up so you don't even know this stuff is there, but that's not for me, I love this stuff.
A selection...

1473315189_img_0504.jpg