Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a couple of layers of heat shrink on rechargeable batteries works a treat also. Just keep adding them until the batteries are snug but not tight.

dirtdigger said:
I read somewhere people were complaining about the C size batteries and the 2300 machine turning off at times.
Yeap I had the same problem initially with 3 different battery brand names with my 2300. Slight movement of the narrower diameter batteries breaks contact on the anode nipple.

Problem is EASILY solved however!! Just use a piece of removable card wedged in between the batteries to stop them moving about in the compartment!

I have never had a 'turn off" since.

Obviously the compartment has been designed slightly over sized than average to take the largest of the slightly varied diameter C size batteries that are on the market. The average normal size battery can slightly wobble about.

An expression " Oils aint Oil" ..sometimes

Happy searching!! :)
This topic has been mentioned may times all ready ;)
By the way welcome to PA :|

Welcome dirtdigger.

The AccuPower batteries I sell (both 6000mah and 4500mah Low Self Discharge) have a wider + nib, so the spring contact on the battery door can't slip off. Have never had a shut down with them and don't use tape or heatshrink or spacers etc.

Stonekicker said:
So does anyone keep using the the headphones that come with the 2300 as standard ??? I have read they arent the headphone of choice but surely they are useable ?

Yeah, they are usable, but depending on whether it is hot or cold weather. I use bud style with Nenad adapter in hot weather, originals to keep my ears warm in winter.

Rob

aussiefarmer said:
all the money minelab has raked in $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ the least they could do is develop a cordless set for the sdc , I would pay up to $500 for a simple setup .

I have been using this setup for about a year with no problems and zero bluetooth lag which was a problem with another sender unit I tried beforehand. Avantree Low Latency Bluetooth , sender fits nicely behind cover at front of SDC to Nenad adaptor . I use AVI 35 Ohm earbuds to receiver in top pocket but you could use any earphones or headphones with reducer to 3.5 mm input.

Cheers

1472892064_image.jpeg

I also gave my sdc a run with my bluetooth tx and headphones, no lag and great clear sound.
PM me for transmitter details.

Cheers,
Paul

aussiefarmer said:
That looks neat whats the approx cost for all neccessary parts ?

There is a obivious market here why doesnt minelab jump on it ? :rolleyes:

Ive put prices on post number 6, you also have to add the price of the adaptor lead $110.

Cheers,
Paul

aussiefarmer said:
That looks neat whats the approx cost for all neccessary parts ?

There is a obivious market here why doesnt minelab jump on it ? :rolleyes:

I bought the Avantree Bluetooth set about a year ago $90 either unit can be set as transmit or receive take about 45 mins to charge and run for about 8 hours . As for earbuds the more Ohms and quality the more you pay , The average set of earbuds are normally 10 Ohm , the 35 Ohm set I bought were $80 but are very clear and to me clarity is what it's about. You do need a Phase Tech adaptor also.

Hope that helps

Cheers

BillS said:
Where did you get the Avantree sender please?

G'day Bill

I got mine off EBay from Plasstronics in Sydney , just had a quick look they are now $149.99 the pair for the Saturn Pro super Low Latency . I know a couple of other forum members bought them at the same time as I did so it would be good to know if they have had as good a run as I have or have had issues , perhaps on reading this they can advise.

Cheers

Bacchus said:
aussiefarmer said:
all the money minelab has raked in $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ the least they could do is develop a cordless set for the sdc , I would pay up to $500 for a simple setup .

I have been using this setup for about a year with no problems and zero bluetooth lag which was a problem with another sender unit I tried beforehand. Avantree Low Latency Bluetooth , sender fits nicely behind cover at front of SDC to Nenad adaptor . I use AVI 35 Ohm earbuds to receiver in top pocket but you could use any earphones or headphones with reducer to 3.5 mm input.

Cheers

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4092/1472892064_image.jpeg
Thats a very neat setup . :) Thanks for sharing .. I see all available via ebay too .

For interests sake I tested half a dozen sets of earbuds / earphones / headphones as I do not like the supplied UR 30 set which came with the SDC and found if you have the $ a borrowed set of Sunray Pro Gold gave the best performance but as I wear glasses any over ear phones get a tad uncomfortable after a while so I looked for the best buds I could find within reason. My backup is an under chin Jack Lange set which also work well. Personally I could not go back to being tethered to the machine now

For the record Mbasko was the first to find the Avantree set so cudos to him.

Cheers

Re an OT (As far as tipping over, DD leather in Bendigo took care of that with the SDC cover and the fitted foot can be removed and works perfectly.
Hope these suggestions can help.)

Tried the wife's 2300 with the DD cover and its great but, I cannot use the stand/foot, bumps into my leg when I swing, maybe its the way I hold the detector.

Latest posts