Diving Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello to all,
I live in North Queensland and hope to come down to Vic quite soon,can someone please advise me if you are allowed to dive in the river[ on air,] to collect pay dirt :) .
Thank you in advance.
Tom.

REEFOLOGY said:
Hello to all,
I live in North Queensland and hope to come down to Vic quite soon,can someone please advise me if you are allowed to dive in the river[ on air,] to collect pay dirt :) .
Thank you in advance.
Tom.
Hi Tom <Over the years gone by I have done copious amounts of diving though not in the last 15 years and mainly in Victoria don't quote me but I think you can scuba dive anywhere in Victoria as long as you are allowed to swim there and if you like to cave dive there are restricted areas that can be accessed though you will need to have your relevant tickets as in a PADI certifications and dive buddy's and of course the said permission, As for Diving for gold I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed as long as you are using hand tools .. lets look at it this way its like catching lobsters here in Vic you can do it on a fishing licence but it must be caught by hand if your scuba diving there's a bag limit and there's yearly restrictions for lobster but there are some people who do it with a pole and a noose on the end and catch as many as they can so I guess where I am going with it is that just because your scuba diving for gold doesn't mean that you are poaching nor does it imply that you intend to dredge either anyway I hope this helps...

Latest posts