B5MECH's ATGold finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A shilling inside, It's been a while :)
1471323629_hunts_007.jpg

Monday nights hunt, $25, US 1c, and a paddy wagon did a slow drive by :lol: :lol: :lol: Totally ignored them. :lol:
1471323763_hunted_001.jpg
the shilling starting to show
1471323763_hunted_002.jpg

Heatho said:
Nice tally. That shilling looks nice under all the crustiness, sweet find.
It looks like the shell protected it just cant get anymore to come off it, it's like an oyster

I'm pretty sure Silver used to use the vinegar and salt method for coins that were crusty like that, takes a few days in the solution I think.

Heatho said:
I'm pretty sure Silver used to use the vinegar and salt method for coins that were crusty like that, takes a few days in the solution I think.
I'll have to give that a try citric won't do anything it's like concrete with shelly sand fossil mix :lol:

Yeah it's thick hey, one of the worst I've seen. I had to leave a threepence in citric for nearly a week recently but it worked eventually.

B5MECH nice find put the penny in white vinagar and heaps of salt for a couple of hour will go pink tooth brush it of will come back to colour

tally ho said:
B5MECH nice find put the penny in white vinagar and heaps of salt for a couple of hour will go pink tooth brush it of will come back to colour

A great way to devalue your coins. :D ;)
Anything with acid and or salt will "clean" coins but also do some damage to the coin itself. Collectors don't want cleaned coins.

Latest posts