B5MECH's ATGold finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B5MECH

Laurence Male
Reaction score
Now that I've worked out an easy way to put up pics straight from my camera I'll get some up.
Friday night's 2 925 rings :p maybe a Tiger woods nike ring :lol: :lol:
1470029121_2rings_001.jpg

1470029121_2rings_002.jpg

Only got $13 in goldies though
Saturday was $16 in goldies but Sunday only $6 in goldies, a penny 1941?, 2 chunky 925 rings and a 925 earring with dimonties

Oh yeah, forgot to say, the foil trick works great on silver jewellery also if you get any that won't clean up with just bi-carb paste. Nice ring that Turquoise one also. I gave the small Turquoise one I found last week a clean up with the foil and citric acid, it looks great.

Everyone around here must have slippery fingers :lol: I haven't seen a pre dec. silver for a while but these make up for it :)
As of last night my gold coin only total is $914 so it has definately paid for itself since I got it in March.
The fat wave looking ring the insert spins around on it.

Well done mate, that's a great total. My ice cream container is nearly full too, almost time for a cash in for both of us I reckon. :)

I've had some poor hunts lately, 3 nights ago I pulled $30 in goldies, next night $2.10, scrap metal and 2&1c pieces but scratched the 1/2 penny, Last nights hunt $1, a 925 ring and 2&1c. The ring was the last target which was on the walk home on a little dirt path.
1470889980_ddddddd_007.jpg

1470889980_ddddddd_008.jpg

1470889980_ddddddd_009.jpg

Nightjar said:
B5Mech, Wish you luck finding a 1946 Penny. :)
We used to go for a swing after nightshift, found heaps of coins but was never lucky with any jewellery.
You've got me thinking about getting back into it.

Cheers mate.
I'm stuck with no licence til next year so all the surrounding parks are getting hoovered, it is a good area to be in for coin shooting so by next year hopefully I'll own a MINELAB to get out to the gold fields, Most of the pre decs in areas are pretty toasted but some still come out good.
At the moment I seem to find more jewellery than pre decs. but I'm sure they will show up again soon.

AtomRat said:
Nice work mate, lovely 925 ring
I scratched my last half penny too :mad: bloody gravel
I swung 4 hours today and got nill. Alloy can heaven....

:lol: That sounds like Lakeside Park at Narrabeen there's more cans and bottle caps than grams of dirt.

Yep, coins turn up in the most unlikely places.
Hit a spot in the WA goldfields, nearest town 80km's away, swung the 45 over nice mellow target, out came 2.5g nugget. Not 20 metres away another signal, and thoughts immediately through my head, "I'm onto a patch" ;) out popped a 1923 Threepence.
Rest of the day chaining the area and not another target, not even rubbish.

Nice hunt mate, people up your end of the peninsula though $2 coins around like confetti. :) I've had some of my best hunts on goldies up there.

Latest posts