Cheap metal detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ramjet said:
Hi Bullcat. I would look at the Minelab xterra 305 or a Garrett Ace 150 in your price range. Some people have done very well with the Aldi.

I will second that Xterra 305 will work fine in dry sand on the beach but will struggle in wet sand.
Karl

Get an aldi and see if you enjoy it and want to upgrade. Don't let all the ring pulls discourage you just dig every solid signal for experience.

If you enjoy it and want to upgrade to a minelab keep your eye on anaconda.com for the 25% off sales and save enough money to buy a pin pointer.

If the hobby isn't for you its only $100 down

Sold the deus, upgraded to this. 50 bucks, never used. It works as well as the aldi, found the radiator cap easily. Pinpointer detects coin at an inch or so. Its my car detector, to hit woodchip areas.
1470789202_20160810_101941_resized.jpg

rocketaroo said:
Sold the deus, upgraded to this. 50 bucks, never used. It works as well as the aldi, found the radiator cap easily.

Was The Car Still Attached to it, lol :lol:

Congrats Rocket, funny I was going to buy another cheapie to leave in the Truck, Just so I can go and have a noes around when I go for a wonder,

well done mate, Coooool :cool:

John.

Hi jaros I've bought a bounty hunter iv and when I up grade to better unit which one would you choose to uuse or people that you know use allowing that I don't want to break the bank Thinking around $ 700 to $1000 mark ?
I heard the 705 is a good unit to use from some general chat cheers sully

I heard that the Garrett Gold Pro is very versatile. A second hand or near new unit should be available for under 1K. If you wait till September Garrett's new International Max will be out at around $1300. give or take a $100

thanks mate will look it up
hoping to finally get up to Mudgee around October sometime for a well earned camp and prospect, bit of detecting , panning , and sluicing but I only use a gravity feed in the creek. I was going to set up a battery pump powered one but not got around to it , saying that I don't mind throwing buckets of gravel through my home made sluice, for me just getting back out there and giving it a go bit of luck might even find something
again thanks heaps for your advice mate
cheers sully

DeepThoughtCycle said:
How about the Fisher f75 SE?

Hi deepthoughtcycle
Mate you sound keen , good bit of advise is instead of flooding the forums with questions take some time to go throu and read up on the info you are after , there's heaps and heaps of good info it's just a matter of searching throu and finding the right topix you after ! Now in regards to your new detector did you buy it brand new over where your living in china ?

No, I don't mean detecting Chinese, I mean detectors made in China.

Pretty much every piece of high tech gear people use these days uses components from China.
Most Nikon and Canon cameras are made 100% in China.
Fords, Holdens, Apple i crap, Toyotas, etc etc etc just wouldn't run at all without Chinese components (and assembly)

So what about mineral detection gear?

Latest posts