Hello i'm new here! Faceting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks!

Yes! My bearing houses/holders have arived! Now i should be able to build every thing up!? I hope! First i need to drill some holes on the top. This should be done with the cnc, its a bit tricky to fasten it on my bed. But ill give it a try!

Img_1948.jpg

Img_1949.jpg

The 2 small ones wont be used for the faceting machine, one im going to use as a 4th axis and the other, uhm dont know yet :) but the big ones are almost the same as the small ones. I only put the bearings in it and the harmonic drive.

Img_1950.jpg

Img_1951.jpg

Greetings,

Christian

Hmmzz, Made my first drawing for the first rotor... Im not shure im going to place the spindle on the first table. At this way i loose too mutch from my Z axis. Mayby its better to place the Z on the second table at the motor hight.

Boven%20Plaat%20A.jpg

Without spindle mount.

Boven%20Plaat%20B.jpg

Im giving it a try with some wood i think ;)

Greets,

Christian

I'f made a test plate from wood, need to change some things on it but the drawing works! I think i will make the build first from mdf wood so that i can change some things that dont work. I also broke one end mill... didnt look good :( but we go on :D

I need to change the width and depth of the linear guide cars for the rest is it all thankfully oke! Need to keep my mind with the milling!

Img_1977.jpg

Img_1978.jpg

Christian

Hi There,

No one watching/interrested anymore?!

Drawed the second plate today, mayby i mill it tomorrow. I first need to check if the sizes are all correct before i will mill in aluminium. A plate with this size 400x160x20mm costs around 25 euro's (+/- 30 AUD). So i first try it in wood. This is 100 times cheaper. And i can directly check if i done all my measurements correct. On the second plate i can fasten my linear guide cars, z-spindle and for future mount my linear encoder.

Boven%20Plaat%20B2.jpg

I already did the sides of the guide cars.
Img_2006.jpg

Greetings,

Christian

Oke! Please tell me if i need to make changes or if i dont see something an you are! Help is always needed! :- ) Ask Questions!?

I'd mill the plate and added it to the construction, now it is waiting on my Nema 34 motor... Adding a another 3.5Kg to the machine :- ) I also need to mill the bottem plate again. The linear guide cant go through... And had some trouble with the spindle mount. I have made it a bit larger dan i have drawed... it fits now and i have changed directly my drawing. Hope the motor will come next week. If thats all oke i can begin with the first 4 plates milling out of aluminium or i first go on with wood.

Here's a photo!

Img_2009.jpg

Groetjes (Greetings),

Christian

Latest posts