Gary's Sifter program with fulltones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
This is reasonably new clip from Gary's Detecting using the Sifter program. Once again it is based off the factory Deus Fast program, and designed mainly for use amongst iron. Some notable changes including running zero discrimination, and a combination of settings to desensitise the response from iron targets. It would most probably suit older coin/relic sites for picking out small non-ferrous targets, though the audible iron might drive some to drink if really if the site is heavily contaminated. Anyway, might be worth a try if you have those types of sites available to you.

Also note the sensitivity to small targets and separation in iron using the larger 13x11" coil. :)

http://www.xp-detectors.co.uk/xp-deus-sifter-program/

Used a very similar setup to this on the weekend in a paddock that used to be a race track.

There where very few signs of where the buildings etc were so by using a zero discrimination I was able to locate the high iron concentrations and therefore the places most likely to have had people over them. (a trick from another full tones video)

Once the iron got to the "I need a Drink" phase I raised the discrimination to 1 and that took the bulk of the iron audio away so i could concentrate on the mid-high tones.

No coins but picked out a buckle or 2 and of course the always popular .22 shells.

Since starting to use full-tones I can't go back, I change almost every program to the full tone setting now.

Thanks for the Share Mate.

Clegy

It was mentioned that you can get some ground noise coming through on zero discrimination, so some are trying 1 to minimise such feedback. It would depend on how mineralised the ground is in your area on how much feedback you get, the soils in the UK tend to be on the lower end of the scale, hence possibly more suitable for this program. Like youself Clegy, I think I would end up just cutting the iron out altogether, much easier to hear the faint deep tones, and easier on the ears. :)

I recommend to all New Deus owners to use full tones across the board.

It takes a bit of getting used to but once you get your ears in no trashy site is ever a problem as you can pick out targets very easily just by listening for the tones you want to target.

Deus's strength is its Audio, so I like to take advantage of it.

Happy Hunting

I tried this today in a very trashy park. Nothing to rave about, and it will effectively make you dig more junk. The drawback with the sifter, is that it will talk you into digging targets, because you believe them to be deep, and clean. Anyway thats my thoughts on it....its only any good because it uses full tones, and 0 or 1 descrim.

Latest posts