Small Scale Mining - Looking for Land

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Im looking at getting some land (anywhere in Australia) and go small scale mining.

I have been looking all over the Department of Mines websites in all states, and I cant really find where to get a lease/land that is available? Maybe im not looking in the right direction?

Ive also been talking to a few brokers, and its early days, so im waiting to hear back.

If anyone has any tips or advice as to how to source land/leases, it would be appreciated.

Im looking to put a crew together and start working. I have equipment to test land, and then can get machines to start mining.

Looking forward to some replies! :)

Hey mate each state is different and has a set of different rules and regs. I reccomend you get a bit more focused about where you want to be and contact those local departments.

Claims are and end result of alot of other pre applications and processes that take time. If you are just trying to buy something ready to go get onto Gumtree mate alot come up on there.

If looking at Wa call some of the prospecting supplies stores and ask about. QLD is a little more clicky seems to be who you know.

Personally id be talking with the local mines tk find out what the pricess is so you know tye value of the established claim prior to negotiations with a broker.

Good luck with it all

Gday G0lddigg@,

Thanks for the reply and info.

Rightyo re. gumtree. never would have thought!

Yeah, was looking at WA, QLD and Tassie. Was going to head into the prospectors Patch in WA and ask around, so glad to hear im on the right track!

Thanks for the info and advice!

I have a couple different ones for sale, alluvial and hard rock in WA. PM me your phone number if you want to have a yarn about them.

I know a few of the blokes in far north Queensland.
I know of one that is for sale.
If simmo finds his way to this trend I'm sure he may know a few too.
Send me a pm and I sould be able to piont you in the right direction.
Cheers Kane

I believe you'll find that WA is very much more mining-friendly than the other states, with the processes for getting access to suitable land for prospecting/mining clearly defined and well administered.

Gumtree is certainly a good source for available, existing tenements and search terms like "prospecting", "mining lease" and "gold lease", with the location as "Western Australia", will quickly find some. For each one you find, scrolling down below the advert to the heading "You may also be interested in..." will usually uncover more.

Here are some current random examples to get you started:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kalgoorlie/other-real-estate/gold-mining-opportunity/1114083547

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/karrinyup/other-real-estate/gold-lease-western-australia/1060088811

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/boul...ses-x-3-in-the-siberian-goldfields/1116719136

Good luck!

Wow!

Thanks everyone! Thats ridiculously quick!

Ill start having a look through the links.

re. the PM's ill also join up so that I can have that ability.

I will get back to everyone that replied.

Cheers!

be very on your guard with mining leases... if they are as good as they say why are they not going for it themselves..?? sometimes this can be wrong and you may get a good claim.. other times the gold will not support mining and you have a duffer and will be way out of pocket...... :)

ILikeGold said:
I have a couple different ones for sale, alluvial and hard rock in WA. PM me your phone number if you want to have a yarn about them.

Thanks ILikeGold. Sorry, but how do I PM someone here?

I would like to talk some more on these!

Cheers Mbasko. Ive been on them a lot. Am talking to goldminesales now, have been for the last week or so.

Re. miningtenemants - have emailed a week or so back, and waiting on replies.

Minelisting - ive tried to get in touch via their contact forms heaps of times with no success.

Hence why im now 'spreading my wings' and trying to get to the right people to talk to. And i cant think of anywhere better than a forum of individuals that actually go and move dirt and get gold!

Cheers for your time and help!

XIV said:
Cheers Kane

Cheers Kane!
How do I private message? Sorry for the question. may be plainly obvious, but i just cant seem to see it

Hi,
You need at least 10 post's to PM.
The message icon on your left hand side under the
avatar place holder is what you will require. :) :)
You do not have far to go
There are a few other things that will appear when
you reach the mile stone.
Oh, Welcome to the forum. :)

Bujumbura said:
XIV said:
Cheers Kane

Cheers Kane!
How do I private message? Sorry for the question. may be plainly obvious, but i just cant seem to see it

XIV said:
Cheers Kane

simo found out :p

bujumbra if you have not come across anything yet ,there will be opportunity and drilling action in pratten coming up shortly ,how much are you looking to outlay

Latest posts