Found In Circulation

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eldorado said:
Young girl at work was given these over the counter and came to me and said" check these out"my eyes lit up and I gave her $1 for them. I don't think she had seen them before.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5682/1465833854_image.jpg

you just admitted to ripping off the young lady! lol you mean bugger....

Fair exchange indeed, I did inform her they were a collectible coin because they were 80% silver.She had no interest in them whatsoever.

my mate had a lovely wife who was the boss of household and made him use 30 mint round 50 cent peices to pay for a $15 pack of smokes, twice in 3 days , i was shocked at his stupidity, i would have given him $2 each but he was obviously too ashamed to ask

Found in my till change at work just now... (20 cents)

1467337483_img_0710.jpg

I only thought they were doing the 50 cent piece but no, so this one is going to be put in a holder!

Mike. :)

Mikezoom said:
Found in my till change at work just now... (20 cents)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4150/1467337483_img_0710.jpg

I only thought they were doing the 50 cent piece but no, so this one is going to be put in a holder!

Mike. :)
Nice looking coin aren't they.I bought a 50,20,10,and 5 a couple of weeks ago from work.We had bags of new ones from the mint, a mate of mine bought a couple of hundred dollars worth in $10 bags.He plans on selling them still in the bags.I believe the $1 and $2 will come out in September.

nice Mike, i have a pocket full of the rams .50c but havent been lucky enough to find any of the others yet

Eldorado, my mother had a lady (friend of hers) bring in a bag full of the round 50c piece to her shop and asked if she would swap them for a couple of notes at face value, my mother had never seen them before (she came from england) and wasn't sure if she could take them, i asked my mother to ring the lady and said i would give her $5 a coin unfortunately the lady already swapped them at the next shop by the time my mum had called her

Jamie,same happened at work,apparently an old lady came in with two $10 bags of round 50 cent pieces and wanted to cash them in to play the pokies. Unfortunately I was not at work that day.

Does anyone have the gold ring in the Olympic $2 coins I have the other 4 but can't seem to find it 8)

Lilnugget said:
Does anyone have the gold ring in the Olympic $2 coins I have the other 4 but can't seem to find it 8)
week 1 - tuesday 19 july - blue
week 2 - monday 25 july - black
week 3 - monday 1 august - red
week 4 - monday 8 august - yellow
week 5 - monday 15 august- green
5 coin folder $15 from july 27 from woolies or mint

I knew the 2016 50c coin has the rams head on it celebrating 50 years since the introduction of decimal currency, but didn't know of this one. Does that mean that there's a 2016 10c coin with the 3d wheat reverse on it?

Latest posts