Silver pocket watch cover?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PT73

PT
Reaction score
Found at Uralla a couple of inches down with my Garrett Ace 150 with retrofitted 12.5" tornado double d coil.

Possibly the cover/front from a pocket watch.

Marked BREV +75066

Searched the area for the rest of it to no avail.

The cross could represent the Swiss company. Looks to be pure silver. Found in very close proximity to an 1897 Victorian penny that my Son found at the same depth, so guessing similar vintage.

Searched the net, found nothing close.

BTW I screenshot it because it is still packed away from our recent move.....there is lots more finds to show. One at a time though.

cheers
1469788420_pocket_watch.jpg

Tathradj said:
Brev is Brevetto that means license in Itallian.
I would say that the number is such.
I guess that if you try and look up Itallian patent designs with that number you might be able to find something on it?

Isn't it funny how with some finds the hunt continues well after it has been discovered! That sounds like a bit of an oxymoron. Such a great hobby for the kids (and myself) that combines research, navigation, discovery, history and many other skills. Thanks for the suggestion.

PT73 said:
Isn't it funny how with some finds the hunt continues well after it has been discovered! That sounds like a bit of an oxymoron. Such a great hobby for the kids (and myself) that combines research, navigation, discovery, history and many other skills. Thanks for the suggestion.

I love the research side of the hobby. Like a second treasure hunt when you get home and the reward is knowledge.