Half Sov

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Not been detecting due to no free time & very wet conditions lately but still reading all others post's when I get time. :)

Spoke to a work colleague the other day about coins and stuff and what do you know????? she comes in today with this little beauty for me to take a look at (insert drool here)...

1469607694_img_1028.jpg

1469607704_img_1030.jpg

1469607713_img_1036.jpg

Told me her Dad took it everywhere he went as a lucky charm and handed it to her before passing.

Now to dig my own!!!!! :D

Mike.

When you see how small they are, you come to realise why they are so hard to find - aside from the limited numbers issued. I wonder how many are passed over thinking they are junk or lead targets.

Goldpick said:
When you see how small they are, you come to realise why they are so hard to find - aside from the limited numbers issued. I wonder how many are passed over thinking they are junk or lead targets.

I agree, being smaller than a 10c piece and coming up in the ring pull/trash slots I guess heaps have been walked over in the past!!!

B5MECH said:
Any chance you swung your detector over it to see what number it sings at? :eek:

I wish mate!!!!!

I did not know she was bringing it in otherwise I would have brought in the AT Pro. :(

(But maybe she will let me take it home if I ask her to bring it in again????????????????????) :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

My Mate got an 1881 Half just 2 weeks ago, He got a sixpence in the same hole and was lucky it was there or he probably would have passed on the target.
Came up at 18 on the 705.

I have to say since then I have dug a TON of lower tones and my foil/gatorade top/old milk bottle lid collection is looking awesome.

Sadly the sov collection still sits at Zero....... for now.

Clegy

I have wondered what reaction the Nokta would give to these coins.
I wish I could have a sample to test too as these coins are and always have been my biggest wishlist item. Guessing it would be mid 40's in with the foil, but I dig them anyway usually. Not much foil out in the bush.

thats right up there on my want to find list along with crown and half crown . but going to be rare to find either i reckon because way back when that was spendable money those coins were worth a lot of money and when one was dropped i should think a lot of effort would of been put in looking for it also a lot easier to spot when dropped than a sixpence would be .

johno

Latest posts