Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Checklist for making a purchase (especially off eBay etc. or used):[/*]
  2. Get the serial number[/*]
  3. Get the place/date of purchase details - ask for an invoice[/*]
  4. If possible check the security sticker hologram[/*]
  5. Verify all of the details with Minelab - don't just check the serial number as some fakes have a correct number on them. Get Minelab to cross reference it with the other details like place of purchase/date of purchase etc. They can & will supply this info.[/*]

Once you pay immediately contact Minelab to transfer any warranty that may be remaining on the machine into your name. Minelab warranty is transferrable & is quick/easy to do.

ALARM BELLS:
  • Seller won't supply serial number[/*]
  • Seller won't supply purchase details/invoice[/*]
  • Seller does not offer inspection or pick up[/*]
  • 1 or more checks can't be verified by Minelab[/*]
  • Font looks unusual/different [/*]
  • The price seems "to good to be true"[/*]
  • Spelling mistakes or incorrect sentences on labelling[/*]

Visit http://www.minelab.com/aus/contact-us-3 or email [email protected] if you have any concerns or questions.

Verify your Minelab
https://verify.minelab.com/verify(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/index.html#/

Gaz&Al said:
Hi just after some advice ,
I know of a sdc 2300 going for $2850 it has warranty till 2018 did they make fakes of this also how can we be sure it's not also how would or should we pay for it PayPal etc for security .
Cheers
If it's the one for sale here http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t23949-sdc2300-2850 then IMO you would be pretty safe. Of course still carry out the above checks to verify yourself though. I actually think that $2850 is about top dollar for a good condition, reasonable amount of warranty machine now - maybe a little more dependant on extras. For a well used & low warranty SDC I would be expecting a little lower now.

Just wondering, since everyone says that the standard sdc headphones aren't any good then why not cut of a short length of cable that goes into the sdc from the headphones and wire a standard headphone plug to it ? I guess there's something wrong with that though apart from wrecking the standard unit.

That can be done mate if you don't mind sacrificing the supplied headphones.
I got the PhaseTech lead as from memory it was about the same price as a new set of SDC headphones anyway. I like to have the original equipment intact for resale time also so left the headphones alone.

Hope the weather is on your side, miserable here. I'm sure your enthusiasm will overpower the weather best of luck.

I have just spent $3450 on an SDC2300. I think mmm hope I made the right choice. Could have got the 4500 it was a real juggle what to do. Anyway I just wanted to publicly thank Shane from Adelaide's Minersden he was a great bloke to deal with, even rang me to tell me my detector is on it's way to me.

So now for the harder part research / digging.
It's so hard to get money these days and I was almost not going to buy it but my Wife said go on get it, bless her cotton sox , she will be exploring with me so it's not a case of "ok bye have fun."

Congratulations doesn't matter what machine it is it's your ticket to prospecting. All the best and safe travels

Peter,

Great choice the 2300, as a detector to get started with. ;)
How did you go with Moppa goldfield info you were seeking?
I did send you a PM a week ago , but you did not respond.

Regards

Ian

belladonna said:
Peter,

Great choice the 2300, as a detector to get started with. ;)
How did you go with Moppa goldfield info you were seeking?
I did send you a PM a week ago , but you did not respond.

Regards

Ian

Hi Ian and thanks. Mmm I just checked I never got a PM from you ? I did get one from TTKOOAu about Moppa.
Could you please try again it's not in my nature to ignore people normally.

Cheers Peter

Latest posts