found this image today...drool

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really think that even though gold is gold and looks pretty no matter what form its found in...I think in host rock like that is the most desirable...the lucky bloke/blokess? who ound that must have been pretty stoked! :eek:

Looks awesome john parsons has just been presented n reconised 4 his work with prophit gold mine near killkevan never new nuggets grew in the ground

I do not understand Cobber. :8
Please do tell us what you are saying. :cool:

Gazman said:
Looks awesome john parsons has just been presented n reconised 4 his work with prophit gold mine near killkevan never new nuggets grew in the ground

Tathradj said:
I do not understand Cobber. :8
Please do tell us what you are saying. :cool:

Gazman said:

*translation* -
http://m.gympietimes.com.au/news/john-parsons-prophet-gold-mine-kilkivan/1890585/

Looks awesome! John Parsons has just been awarded and recognised for his work with his Prophet Gold mine near Killkevan, Gympie. I never knew nuggets grew in the ground there ;)

Yea thats the post he done alot ove work worth the call i spoke to him 4 over a hour on phone verry knoledgable 4 me newby to this hobby

My father in law worked on the Dartmouth Dam back in the 70's and told me while cutting through rock they came across a seam that these days would make most of us keel over knowing that there goes the mortgage and here comes the new Hilux, Boat and Camper!

He said a few of the guys chipped some big chunks of gold out just as keepsakes as at the time it was only fetching about $130 US/oz. I know back then that was a lot of money but from all accounts he was already on a pretty good wage at the time. Once they had had their fun they hastily shotcrete the seam over as though it never existed as to not slow down the project, easier than reporting mineral finds and having a $140 million dollar project (almost $650 million these days) shut down until someone figured out what to do.

He said back at the pub one of the guys tossed him something around a 2-3 oz chunk to keep. He said it sat on the bar beside his beer most of the night and was passed round between mates and it was just something nice to look at.

He said he left the pub most likely rolling drunk and unknowingly just left the nugget sitting on the bar.

Latest posts