Minelab GP3000 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was the noise pulsing, low battery warning took me by surprise once. If not pulsing good advice above.
Did you take it elsewhere away from emf to test?

well bloke (mickybee) decided he could not find time to post it so need a double dd coil still

Just after some info I am looking at buying a minelab gp 3000 or a minelab extreme just wondering which machine would be the better of the two cheers I will be running a small coil

My extreme has served me well over the last 7 years, though i still much prefer the 2200D i picked up a couple years back lol, so i might be the wrong guy to give advice.
i have limited experience with the 3000, but from everything i hear its a beast.

from what i know the 3000 is just an Extreme with some nice improvements to stability..

Anyway hard to go wrong, hope some of this rambling helps

Hey guys i am looking at getting a bit more serious and upgrading from my xterra 705 into a PI detector. I have used a Minelab gp3000 on one occasion and was very impressed on the size of targets it could pick up, and have heard nothing but good things about them in my research. Are there any recommendations or things to look for when buying a PI?

Cheers

Out of the GP series i would say the GP3500 is my pick.
It was the first Minelab with the green auto balance button that makes it much easier to use.

:perfect:

Latest posts