Second Hand

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have any clue what my Deus might be worth second hand?

Thinking of moving it to cover some of the cost on another hobby.

It only has the small coil which has recently had a genuine XP battery replacement and WS4 headphones.

Would come with all the bits and pieces (no box unfortunately) andy Sabisch bible, remote protector (genuine) and a makro pin pointer.

The foam on the headphones is knackered but the overall condition of the unit is well used but good condition.

Just wondering what people thought before I decide to sell it.

All depends on condition really, if it is an older unit, then I would probably look at half to 3/4 of the original value. Warranty would also factor in on the pricing, buyers would much more likely to look at a Lite setup with some of the 5 year warranty still remaining.

Another consideration is to sell everything seperately, including the pinpointer, as I feel that you could get more cash by going this way. Some buyers may be after just the coil, backphones, or need a second shaft assembly (or the other two as backup units). :)

Thanks for the info. I'm sure there is still some warranty on it if its a 5 year deal. Ill check that out.

To be honest I was thinking of selling the lot for about $1100. Like I said, the unit is clearly used but still in good condition.

I'll deliberate today and decide wether the post it in the for sale section.

Thanks again.

Just remember - Some Warranties are not Transferable...

Had a big argument with one BIG supplier as a guy got a unit that was 6 months old (5 year warranty) and they would not cover any thing and it had a broken switch.

In the end the Manufacturer (USA) said they would fix for free; but the new owner would have to pay shipping both ways.

My understanding is that the Deus warranty is transferable,as long as you have the original receipt of purchase. The 5 warranty goes with the detector, so shouldn't matter how many owners use it within the warranty period. The Deus Lite package is sold for around $1350 brand new. :)

Latest posts