Counterfeit/fake Minelab detectors and accessories

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nuggetbuster said:
Now for something slightly different:
A GPX shaft assembly from a fake GPX:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Minlab-shaft-GPX-/232009453712?hash=item3604d75090:g:x30AAOSwzJ5XU8zW
eBay item number 232009453712

Well spotted!

eBay's dangerously misleading rating for the seller: :rolleyes:
1468376128_shaft1.jpg

Seller's actual feedback rating: :eek:
1468376157_shaft2.jpg

Ebay only shows feedback for the previous 12 months, so the single negative feedback does not apply. I always check the feedback number, plus read through all the comments to get a better picture on whether the seller is worth taking a risk on. You also get a lot of neutral feedback from other sellers that may as well be negative, especially after reading some of the buyer's comments.

I have send the seller a question asking for the serial numbers.
Will be interesting to see if i get a reply.

Seller shows info suggesting he's a MINELAB dealer. Central West Prospecting Supplies. Is this the same ad?

PS: Damned autocorrect keeps changing MineLab to "Minicab". Driving me nuts! Grrrr!

gedanate said:
Seller shows info suggesting he's a MINELAB dealer. Central West Prospecting Supplies. Is this the same ad?

PS: Damned autocorrect keeps changing MineLab to "Minicab". Driving me nuts! Grrrr!
CENTRAL WEST PROSPECTING is good, Have purchased from them they are a shop.

gedanate said:

Different ad and different seller to the one I posted

B5MECH said:
gedanate said:

CENTRAL WEST PROSPECTING is good, Have purchased from them they are a shop.

Yes best to clarify and remove any doub't that Central West Prospecting Supplies is certainly a Minelab dealer and very reputable. :)

The third pic on the listing nuggetbuster posted is of a fake Chinese rip off.
I wouldn't go anywhere near it

Why doesn't Minelab get the authorities on to him? Paypal option so he must have address, bank account etc.

Well presumably the seller has a plan to bolt with the money as soon as it hits as if the detector is fake the buyer will be due a Paypal refund, so I'm guessing Paypal will have to take the hit for the refund if the seller doesn't, so doesn't suit Ebay at all as they are connected.

edit: If you look at his listing, right underneath where he states no returns you have an Ebay Guarantee that guarantees you your money back if what you receive is not what it should be.

GaryO said:
BoydWilliam said:
I have send the seller a question asking for the serial numbers.
Will be interesting to see if i get a reply.
Same here , I sent a message and no reply . Its back up for sale again and a new message sent and still no reply.
Start reporting again people :)

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/252501055224

The auction has now been taken down:
1471654245_fake_gpx_ad.jpg

Latest posts