Coiltek 11" mono elite

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah mate I have the 14 now but will have to wait to test it for awhile. I set a custom up for what we call Bogenes's which was giving to me by Peter at Gold City Detectors and switch between General and custom just to see whether the other settings see the target. Still in fine gold Gain 20, threshold off, motion Very slow, stabilizer 8, target volume 13, boost and tracking but using the quick track button to switch back to fixed just to make sure you don't track out a nugget. Not really sure if this adds any depth at all but if you can stand the chatter it certainly makes the Elite 11 see the small bits not unlike the SDC. I was surprised on one perticular piece 2.5 grams about the foot mark was a no tone in the standard settings but flat out was a very repeatable signal. I would not run around with these settings but when cleaning up a patch worth a try if you are game.

Sounds like you really know your stuff I'm only A novice at the moment But I'm like a sponge every bit of info is very good

At the moment where I am I'm running slightly below the factory presets just to make it a little bit more stable

Hi how are you I finally got out to the other spot that I wanted to go to the whole locked gate and bullshit signs but I went a different way and got there

I must say for the most part this is a completely different coil and has changed how it works i'm liking it very much just gotta keep your eye on the settings

I put in a good free hours of work didn't get any gold but then again good practice for me as I am only a beginner This is it all I found I don't know where the rest of it went must've fell out of my pocket

Gpx5000 and Coiltek 11" = good :)

Also fought I would add the settings that I was running

Every think was on factory preset using the Finegold timing

RX gain 9 and Stabilizer 8 that's the highest I had it depending where I was it could be quite unstable in some zones And Some areas you could not grand balance

However most of the day I was able to keep Rx Gain at 8 and Stabilizer 6 that works best for me nice and stable

Some parts I had to drop it down to Rx 6 and smoothing 5

Cheers Mitch :)

037981 said:
Also fought I would add the settings that I was running

Every think was on factory preset using the Finegold timing

RX gain 9 and Stabilizer 8 that's the highest I had it depending where I was it could be quite unstable in some zones And Some areas you could not grand balance

However most of the day I was able to keep Rx Gain at 8 and Stabilizer 6 that works best for me nice and stable

Some parts I had to drop it down to Rx 6 and smoothing 5

Cheers Mitch :)

Hey Mitch sorry I missed this one, just one thing be carefull dropping you stabilizer down that low factory is 10 and anything below 8 will start to miss smaller targets as it not only stabilizes your threshold but also faints signals.

I've been using my Coiltek 11" Mono Elite since Dec, right through the summer, and whilst it is dynamite on small gold (0.5g at 8") early in the cool of the morning and in the cool of the evening (which others have missed) I do find it too unstable in highly mineralised ground (northern part of Vic Golden Triangle) in the middle of a high heat day. I know another experiencing the same thing. When I spoke to the Coiltek distributor they just said it is a very sensitive detector and to be expected under these conditions. They don't tell you all the facts, mainly because I really don't think they know. The manufacturers don't provide the necessary information regarding the technology for us discerning buyers who are tech savvy, nor how it works, where it works best, where it doesn't work well. Please be aware Cheers Dignit

Good info mate, thanks, might have swung my hard earned towards a NF evo.

Davent
I believe the NF Evo are very similar in design and are similarly super sensitive and I was told by the distributor they would probably have the same issues in highly mineralised ground in high heat.
It seems high sensitivity highly mineralised ground and high heat is a bad combination. Just need to decide if this affects you relative to where and when you detect. I've just bought the tried, tested and long time proven Minelab 11" Commander for these conditions. Will give it a run next outing.
Cheers

I have had no problems with the 12" Evo in some very mineralised ground and in high heat (around 32 last Saturday).
You do have to play with the settings though to get the threshold nice and smooth...
It will still pick up hot rocks but once you get your ear in and get used to the sounds you can pick out a real target from hot ground.
I was pinging small nuggets that someone else had missed out of a raked area.
It is an awesome coil once set up right :)

Thanks billabong, will get one and give it a run.
Ground is pretty hot here and the weather is always hot. The evo has the release valve though that might be of some use here in the most humid months, sept to may.

Hi Billabong
What area were you in?
I'd be interested to know your settings for those conditions if you wouldn't mind sharing.
I have been wondering whether the escape valve helped stability in the heat. Any thoughts?
Cheers Dignit :)

I just use enhanced when the ground is noisy and are use Finegold when the ground conditions are better you shouldn't have any problems when you're using enhanced

I have a 4500 and use enhanced, deep, quiet audio, 13 target vol, signal 17 and wind RX back to 9 and Stabilizer 5 and still find stability unacceptable in high heat & high mineralization. I've tried other settings but they are worse. I'm sure it is the extent of iron stone and high temperature. You put your end of pick handle magnet to the ground and it instantly attracts a globule of iron stone. I see a lot of reference to temperature of day affecting stability but have not seen a comprehensive explanation.

I use a 5000 and can run the machine in near enough factory presets with no real issues, the only major change would be running the audio in quiet, that settles it down a lot with no loss of signal on the smaller pieces as well as still getting good depth. I do however run the target volume at around 6 as i also use a signal booster, any higher and it does get noisy.
I have no idea what difference the pressure release feature on the Evo's makes but it must be there for a reason i guess, it can only help in high or low temperature extremes i suppose.
You will not cancel out noisy ground completely as it is a very sensitive coil but you can tell real targets from ground noise with a bit of practice.

At first My impression on this coil are its very sensitive if you move to fast or slightly bump things you get a false call I found by backing off my stabiliser and rx and moving a bit slower then normal I eventually managed to get the elite to run smooth on my 4500 .after I got it to run smooth I was surprised on how good it was I picked up these 4 pieces in an hour in a place Iv been to a few times before ..the bigger nugget was about 8" in the ground and the smaller ones where also a few inches in id been over that erea with my 8" mono and found nothing ..the 11" elite seems to b better then the 8" commander on small stuff and can also go deeper for the bigger pieces..over all it took a bit of mucking around to get it to run smooth but I think so far it's a awesome coil ..will see how it goes the next time I go out ...
1468152589_image.jpg