Minelab detector service and customer service

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10cm from your TV and it started EMI? That thing's deaf or there's serious operator error if you ask me! Looking forward to hearing what you and Gary O find out. BTW - does your machine have "Cancel" mode and is it on with a mono coil attached. That will do it to you every time!

I have just done the previous check again using 15x8 wss DD coil using the following settings : channel switch to both, threshold at about 7 o'clock, shallow deep switch to normal, tone to 11 olock, fixed tracking switch to tracking, disc switch to all metal, level switch to 11 olock . The threshold was a just audible very low tone as I progressively moved forward to approx. 1 mtr the EMI was just being picked up and gradually increased in pitch and volume until it was deafening at 10cm. There is no cancel button fitted.

At 7oclock your threshold is all but off. Try it at around 11 to 1 oclock which is from memory where I used to have it usually set for detecting. And yes there is no cancel mode to worry about. I'm reasonably sure now that there isn't much wrong with the detector but just try your test again with more threshold to be sure.
Doug Stone did some good vids that may be worth watching:
[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/SLhbJBJS9PI[/video]
[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/jc88pm9Cl4s[/video]

I have retested as you mentioned with the threshold adjustment at the 11olock position the result was I started to pick up the EMI a little earlier. I have watched Doug Stones Videos a few times now and have learned quite a bit from them they are very informative. Thanks for your feedback you've been a great help.

OK so here's the conclusion . :)

When you are in the EMI tuning mode the machine is NOT in SEARCH mode so will not detect close or far objects IT will ONLY look for electrical signals that SHARE THE SAME OPERATING FREQUENCY AS THE SD and attempt to change the frequency on the SD to one less affected and not actually cancel out the interference . Your whole house may have a zillion signals including the TV but there is very few on the same operating frequency as your 2200 so its only looking for what it can actually address.

I grabbed my ole 2200 out and had the exact same experience as you Dave , that's why I looked into why.

so basically your machine is operating correctly mate :)

I have read many comments on here about how good Minelab's customer service is but I am still waiting for them to reply to my inquiry sent on Monday regarding a serial number. The detector in question has since been sold so their reply is irrelevant now but it would have been nice for them to at least reply to my email considering their concerns on counterfeiting. :N:

A phone call would have got you an immediate answer, mate.

I'm guessing you're referring to the $2,400 SDC that was briefly on eBay, with a prominently displayed serial number (#92466745058)?

grubstake said:
A phone call would have got you an immediate answer, mate.

I'm guessing you're referring to the $2,400 SDC that was briefly on eBay, with a prominently displayed serial number (#92466745058)?

No mate, it was a Zed on Gumtree, probably get a new one but a reply would have been nice.

Often I'll go through my junk email folder and it's usually full of requests from people trying to sell me pay tv, offering to enlarge my penis, hot Russian chicks wanting to sleep with me, or Bank managers from Africa trying to give me some dead blokes millions.

But then occasionally there's one from someone I know that for some reason the spam filter snavelled it. Things happen.

If only more businesses would emulate ML's customer service. :Y:

madtuna said:
Often I'll go through my junk email folder and it's usually full of requests from people trying to sell me pay tv, offering to enlarge my penis, hot Russian chicks wanting to sleep with me, or Bank managers from Africa trying to give me some dead blokes millions.

But then occasionally there's one from someone I know that for some reason the spam filter snavelled it. Things happen.

If only more businesses would emulate ML's customer service. :Y:

Everybody seems to have good things to say about the CS, maybe the person that handles these things is off sick or something. It wasn't sent as an email, it was sent through their own website contact form.

Likely stuck along the Email trail.

I have met some staff, also an ex-staff, and called ML re a serial no. on a CTX off Gumtree.

Best bet is a phone call, the service was top notch and immediately got the history of the machine including a previous warranty repair,
purchase history etc. :Y:

Not as young as the ad said but in really good cond. and not major changes - bought it.
Still have to take it in for a service and check over, I better do it soon or Kato will kick my bottom,
school holidays are coming up.......... ;)

Magilla said:
I have read many comments on here about how good Minelab's customer service is but I am still waiting for them to reply to my inquiry sent on Monday regarding a serial number. The detector in question has since been sold so their reply is irrelevant now but it would have been nice for them to at least reply to my email considering their concerns on counterfeiting. :N:

Magilla said:
Everybody seems to have good things to say about the CS, maybe the person that handles these things is off sick or something. It wasn't sent as an email, it was sent through their own website contact form.

Website contact forms aren't the same as emails and usually get routed to a general purpose mailbox for a receptionist/office administrator to read and then forward them to the appropriate department for attention, rather than the message going straight to a customer support person. Whatever the company, they're best avoided, in my experience.

If I email I use this one (if I haven't already been in contact with a particular employee i.e. have a direct email address):
[email protected]
I've always seemed to get a return response within about 48hrs. As said above if you need info quickly best to phone them - they have been very helpful with my used purchases over the years & were again recently when I was selling my GPZ.

Yup emailed service at minelab about my problem last week , sent at 9,00 am had a response by 9,15 great stuff :Y:

Magilla said:
This is the form I sent my inquiry through, not sure if it was the right one but if not you would think it would be passed to the correct section. I still haven't heard from them but as I said the detector was sold the day after my inquiry so not needed now. Next time I will phone them.

http://www.minelab.com/anz/customer-care/product-warranty/register-enquiry

That looks like and International site/page.

But their Contacts link has Australia at the top of the page.

http://www.minelab.com/anz/corporate/contact-us-2

I must admit ML have always been Sterling when ever I have phoned them, Always answering my dumb questions, But one thing I noticed is that a lot of their staff often go out in the field testing and such so sometimes they can take a few days to get back to you, which is ok by me because at leased they are testing and such as part of their QC,

J.

Hi all
just to let all know that I sent a minelab 4000 in to have a check and find out problem only to be told that they do not look at this model as they do not carry parts. No suggestion of caring or where I might at least have some one have a look at it, (ABSOLUTELY NO CLASS) It could be a loose wire or something very simple they can make all the excuses they want (no parts - discontinued stock) But not to look at it :N:

Latest posts