Minelab GPZ7000 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
walshie1000 said:
Its referred to as tactical camo wrap for weapons/hunting gear. It leaves no residue and is a woven fabric that has minor cushioning.

Lov it Walshie, Just ordered mine from the U.K in the same colour, picking up the Z tomorrow after selling the ATX
MINELAB GPZ7000 & WM12 metal detector rain/dust cover set by THESAURUS DETECTING
Got there details from eBay then emailed direct to get better discount. will take about another 2 weeks before it arrives so up for a camo comp haha.

Cheers mate.

Good stuff mate. I've got a control box cover and a screen cover as well just to keep her in good nick. I think these are must have items on something that gets dragged through the bush digging holes and costs that much.
Camp it up mate, post some pics when your done

Pretty excited about getting the Z tomorrow , Soooo many hrs , days , weeks working the ATX without any yellowAnd I'm sticking to the old saying I'ts not me but
Look I've had the ATX and worked it until my arms were about to drop off , lots of surface trash but not much digging, that said take it to the beach and It's a different story , found loads of coinIn the end I think the ATX is better suited as a treasure hunter just keep it out of the bush !

Will be sure to post picks.
Cheers

Hey Walshie...that tape,,,, is that the stuff about 50mm wide? or is it narrower?. I've seen some in the Gun shop for barrels that's about 50mm except in browns & greens.

GGA

Hoi Walshie,
Just got my Z Soooo happy, was looking at the same camo set as yours but the supplier in the U.K is completely out of stock, where did you get yours ?

Cheers mate.

Hey Walshie, thought to share, pimp my Z part 2

IMG_0475_zps9hydferl.jpg~original

Seems the Extra deep mode on the Z has not had much comment on its ability, when running the Z with audio smoothing off, sensitivity 15- 20 in difficult and auto GB I have found, switching from HY or general mode on even 1/2 grammers it tends to remove the warble and helps pinpointing (in most cases) and assists in eliminating to a certain extent a hot ground signal on shallow ground. The signal is more "mellow" understandably and rarely there is no signal when in fact there is a nugget thus it cannot be relied on completely. But not a bad "attack" mode for the User button.

Extra Deep / Difficult I'd only go to in very bad ground. General is every bit as deep and with more Sensitivity. But Extra Deep / Normal is a whole new ball game :)

BigWave said:
Mark, there's clearly a discrepancy between what you and I call small gold :lol: Thanks for the vid.

I have to agree with you there as well. Nice piece of yellow mark.

To expand on my initial post, using the extra deep mode helps quicken the recovery of those warbly signals we know are the real thing, as Phase Tech correctly points out going to extra deep drops the sensitivity thus makes the recovery of warbly signals easier to pinpoint. I base my experience on the actual recovery of nuggets in their undug condition out in the field. Try it you will be happy with the results.

Great advice nenard ,ill try out the new dd detech 15" on my next hunt down halls creek way in the next month ..on my 5000 im stil learning how to run the 5000 in wet to very damp ground im just doing it by trial and error , im using the 12" round evo nf and the 17x13 evo by nf and having great sucess .but the 12" seems to be alot more sharper than the 17x13..just . the 17x13 is a great all rounder coil i found .and i do under stand about the swamping with the new coils yes the damp ground does effect them a bit so im very keen to run the 15"dd from detech . and also on my last hunt i picked up 15 nuggets from .5 gm to 3gm where a 7000 had been over !!!! so figure that one out...huh very happy with my 5000..

Rick
You don't need anymore help lol lol
Like the last vid mate well done
Cheers Dave :cool:

Latest posts