Minelab E-trac tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
holder? 20usd + 5usd(shipping cost) + add one charger based on TP4056 with microUSB. sold them on etsy and ebay

1467606238_pic_0001_1000x750.jpg

G'day RomanchukSL, I don't want to sound rude but we have rules on the forum against advertising and business promotion unless you are a site sponsor. I'm going to allow your thread to stay for the time being as it is a good idea, though please keep any business promotion out of the forum unless you would like to become a site sponsor.

I don't make the rules but I have to make you aware of the rules as it would not be fair to businesses who do support the forum and pay the sponsors fee.

"Posts which appear to have been made with the sole intention of advertising or self promotion will be removed without notice"

Hope you understand.

All the best with your product.

If people want to purchase this product for the time being please use the PM function and buy though the ebay store.

Cheers

You do need to be aware of the dangers with the 18650 li-ion batteries, particularly with regard to discharging and re charging. With the right care they are great batteries but when mistreated they can turn into fire bombs.

in metal detector(SE PRO) battery don't over-discharged. voltage drops to 3-3.3v and device turn off.
and better don't leave battery alone when charge. or use good charger with thermal sensor.

Hi guys..my Etrac has died...when the unit is turned on ,it flashes with different displays and beeps at the same time..then switches off...Ive used the old girl for few years now ...so my questions to you are would it be worth it to send to minelab for repair or should I just give her a funeral ...
Has anyone an idea on worst case cost for repair

Mate send it in could only be a cheep fix...you'll never know if you dont...worst case you'll lose ya postage cost. :Y:

You've probably already done it but clean contact points, use new/different batteries, loose wires in the battery compartment that can be seen?

Hopefully it is an easy fix for you :Y:

maccatuna said:
Hi guys..my Etrac has died...when the unit is turned on ,it flashes with different displays and beeps at the same time..then switches off...Ive used the old girl for few years now ...so my questions to you are would it be worth it to send to minelab for repair or should I just give her a funeral ...
Has anyone an idea on worst case cost for repair

Whereabouts are you ..?

If you contact forum member Angermanagement he does repairs and I can recommend his work .. :Y:

Looks like a new board is on the cards...otherwise the rest of the control box was in excellent condition...

Hi all. With the depth of knowledge available on this forum , what 6 inch coils are compatible with the Minelab Etrac. I'm fine with any brand, just need to sniper around some heavily rubbished areas. Thanks.

Coiltek made a 6" Treasureseeker coil for the ETrac, don't know if it's still available:

1639015901_etrac_treasureseeker.jpg

I believe that coils for Minelab's Explorer-series detectors such as the ETrac had a proprietary chip in the coil, so other coil manufacturers may not have had access to the necessary technology.

I'm in the market too, a seller on eBay has the Cors 5" Point coil (and did have the 6" Shrew) FBS version for about 200 or 230 bucks landed in Australia that I have my eye on. Supposed to be the same as the equivalent Nels coils.

That's a great help guys. I've been swinging the standard coil around trashy sites with success, but it's starting to do my head in. Just need to cherry pick the signals. thanks again and Merry Christmas to all.

Latest posts