DigginForGold Vids

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top video, nice spot for camping ,.... Would a magnet help with separation of the black sands ? :D

Thanks.

I've got myself one of those plunger magnet things, and yeah it works, but there's just so much of it, and its not all magnetic, so it takes ages to do that anyways.

But I've decided I'm going to build myself a miller table. Decided that last night after watching a bunch of vids on youtube. Can't wait to get started on it, but will probably wait a week or two until my finances improve. Actually now that I think of it, might have to wait a month at least to wait for the bilge pump to arrive from China (ebay). Ugh. Should be just paid more to get it sooner from Aus.

Great vid again mate! Miller table sure is one of the only ways, I've seen the spiral wheels work very well now too and they catch the finest of golds when tuned correctly.

Oh yeah silver.. hardcore black sand. I have containers of it everywhere...

I do like the look of the spiral wheels, but alas I dont think I could afford to spend multiple hundreds of dollars on one whereas I could build a miller table for ~$50. So I'll take that route for now and add the spiral wheel to the ever expanding list hahw

Yeah, I like utube for its visually based upskilling, world of knowledge in front of you type thing. :D

Thanks mate...much appreciated.

I'm keen to do a little detecting myself one day. Probably wont be any time soon though, but Im more then happy to just continue hitting the creeks for the time being :)

Havent done a heck of a lot of digging lately. Just got a 4x4 though so keen to get out a fair bit in the next few weeks. But here is my latest couple of vids anyways. Reedy Creek and somewhere a little more local. Nothing spectacular to show for my efforts but a little bit of colour always makes it a successful trip I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abKrukgYfUE
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abKrukgYfUE[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ0xLfrrVMM
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ0xLfrrVMM[/video]

great vids mate... please keep posting them.. :) that spot you were at may have some much better gold right down in the crevices and on the bedrock when the water is much lower... :/

DrDuck said:
Very enjoyable videos, PoG! I'm hoping to get down to Reedy Creek sometime.
Thank you. I can't recommend it enough up there (or down there depending on where you're coming from). Tis a great spot to spend a few days camped out...even when the weather isn't very agreeable.

kawman said:
great vids mate... please keep posting them.. :) that spot you were at may have some much better gold right down in the crevices and on the bedrock when the water is much lower... :/

Thanks, will do :) I know right. I'm itching to get back up there in the spring and summer.

Nice vids Potofgold, perhaps you and Parko could show me a thing or two. I'd love to get up there when the creek drops, give us a yell fella's.

Haha thanks mate. I think Parko could show you a few things...especially since he's quite experienced up there from what I understand. I on the other hand would just be out there trying to figure it all out with you haha. I see you're next door to me there in Croydon. It's a long drive up there to Reedy but it sure is worth it. Hope you make it up there some day soon. I'll be back during the dry months :)

limpalot said:
Great vid, Try elbow length rubber gloves that dairy farmers use. Maybe a pinpointer for your tailings.
Cheers LL
That's a couple of good suggestions there. Anything to help with the cold hands I'm willing to try. It's a bit hard to work when you can't feel anything you're touching haha.

AtomRat said:
Top vids n nice spot mate! Bit odd that the stacked wall area had no gold, looked like ground sluicing works, did you test the other trench next to the running one you show?
I know right. When I got down there I thought I should at least find something judging by the previous works...but not even the tiniest of specs. Probably did about 20+ test pans and even dug down a bit at one point. I tested both channels of the stream. Nothing. Quite baffling. No great loss though is it was pretty cool to see, and got some gold later in the day at the other location :)

So when you say ground sluicing, what exactly do you mean? Ive got so much to learn lol. If it wasn't for the stacked stones I wouldn't have been able to tell if it was previously worked. I've been to a couple of places and people have been like, "did you see all the old workings?", I'm then just like "Ummm...I guess I technically saw it with my eyes, but I did certainly didnt recognise it". Sigh.

Looks like a chinese ground sluice setup... by the way the rocks are nicely stacked...and no gold...hahahaha we have the same here...euro miners dont stack rocks like that.
Well not here.... chinese were very thorough...and used natural elements..