Makro Racer information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Valued Customers:

First of all, we thank you all for the increasing sales of our Racer series detectors.

As you all know, Racer 2 is an addition to our current Makro product line up and we have no intentions of discontinuing the original red Racer.
As a matter of fact, for those customers who do not need the extra features of the Racer 2, the original Racer still stands as a very good performing hi-end detector.

Many of our dealers and customers have been asking Nokta& Makro for a device that would retail around the $500 price range..
Therefore, as of June 1, 2016 we changed the price of the Racer as below to meet this request.
We believe that the new price change makes Racer absolutely the most competitive and attractive product in that price range!

RACER STANDARD PACK
SUGGESTED RETAIL $499 (USD)

RACER PRO PACK
SUGGESTED RETAIL $699 (USD)

Thank you!

Took my Gold Racer out over the weekend with a couple of other forum guys. Found an S. Solcberg and Son brass button but struggled to find anything else. A couple of bullets and some tin scraps but had a ball. I was troubled by the settings as well even after seeing PhaseTechs videos. A lot of 99 readings I think from mineralization but with some help managed to set it up better. Still need to work on it though.

BillS said:
Took my Gold Racer out over the weekend with a couple of other forum guys. Found an S. Solcberg and Son brass button but struggled to find anything else. A couple of bullets and some tin scraps but had a ball. I was troubled by the settings as well even after seeing PhaseTechs videos. A lot of 99 readings I think from mineralization but with some help managed to set it up better. Still need to work on it though.

Thanks BillS
I haven't taken mine out yet just to the garden to check out readings for coins etc. looks the goods and Phazetechs video is good but still a lot to learn like all detectors. 2 things to remember, you have to walk over it to find it and if it's there it will find it.
Cheers and good luck, I look forward to hearing how you go.
Saltytom

Just got back from our local area up here,found two small nuggies[to small to weigh] the interesting thing is i found them in other peoples dirt they have dug out.I know the area and these holes were a good 8-10 inches deep,so would almost certainly been dug by someone using a minelab 7000 or an sdc as they are all that will get to those sort of depths in this hot ground.obviously they cant find the small stuff like the gold racer can,So just because there are holes everywere dont assume the gold is gone,New Game. ;)

Great report Lewy. I found some very small birdshot in someone elses dig dirt too and had wondered if perhaps they'd had trouble pinpointing their target. I've heard reports of the gold racer outdoing the sdc on very small gold in the triangle. Wonder if it's been cleaning up around Tibooburra..

Dear Valued Members,

This is to inform you that we have developed the below stand for the Racer series which is also compatible with all round shafts with 22mm diameter.

Thank you.

Dilek
1494504886_stand02.jpg

Does anybody know where to get spare parts for the Racer in OZ? I'm specifically after some of the rubber washers that go between the coil and lower shaft, a couple of spare coil bolts would also come in handy. I bought my Racer in January 2016 from a dealer who no longer seems to be involved in Makro gear, so not much point in asking them.

Just after Xmas I was detecting an old miners camp with my brother up in Qld when the coil basically fell off the lower shaft. I discovered the plastic bolt had snapped in half and one of the coil ears had also broken off. At the time I didn't notice that the rubber washers had also disappeared off the coil and only realised when I got home.

I was only swinging over short grass, so no idea what caused it to break. A bit of googling shows this was a problem with some of the early Racers, in fact my brothers Racer had exactly the same failure so he replaced it with a Mars MD coil.

I have messaged forum member Nokta Detectors about the broken coil so hopefully something can be done about that issue, but knowing where to get spares from would be handy.

Cheers,
John

As above, yes the early coils did have an issue with ears breaking, though rectified later on with a strengthened coil design. Nenad is great to deal with, so I am sure he will sort you out. :)

Latest posts