Fossils from the Canberra Region (near Wee Jasper)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to get Brachipod fossils from Quidong 20kms SW of Bombala next to the Delegate River. There is also an old copper/gold mine there (chimney stack still standing). Actually saw a sample from the said location in the Natural History Museum in London (was chuffed).

stumbled across this post just now.. wow!!!! fossils so close to home. I gotta get the kids involved in this!

Hi can anyone point me in the right direction to fossils at Wee jasper, Id love any info as im heading up their next week, Thanks ;)

You may want to ease up on the emoticons there Palmer9999, we're not that other forum ;)

Hey Wal,

I never looked for fossils before yet my partner, son and I would love to be able to see these ones at the dam. Any chance you could share a little directions. Its it two whell accessible? We are at belco, going to head out there tomorrow just not sure where exactly to go.

Cheers

Daniel

Burrinjuck is currently at 72.7% and the recent snows will push that up a little.

@WalnLiz
Nice one! was wondering what area of Burrinjack Dam you were fishing at to find these?

Wow that's awesome. I live in Yass and go fishing out there just started my interest in panning and fossicking I will be on the hunt next time I am out there.

Cheers

Hi Waln liz, can you tell me how to find the good spots around Wee Jasper to find fossils gemstones, and crystals. I went to Wee Jasper 2 years ago, but didnt have much luck, im in Batemans Bay and may be heading back up their in a week or two, thanks for any help, Regards Bec :)

Hi i didnt have much luck. Can anyone help me out, with fossils and crystals,for Wee Jasper area, ;) thanks.

Hi Heatho, thanks again. Ill give them a go. I guess the only other way would be to ask the land owners if i could have a look and dig on their land. :/

Latest posts