Minelab CTX3030 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there anyway of telling weather its a bottle cap or a $1 coin because i heard that caps can come under the same number .Thanks for the advice again guys .

Hey heatho i seen your goldie pattern you made and it seems very tight .If i went over a piece of metal in the ground that was in the disced out pattern and there was a goldie near it would the ctx still see the goldie or would the greyed out piece of metal hide the coin ?.

Depends what target separation type you are using and also depends on how close the other piece of metal is. Have a read in the manual about "target separation" on pages 41-42 as it explains it much better than I can, it's quite important for successful hunting with the CTX.

I generally use "high trash" and flick into "ferrous coin" if I suspect a good target is being masked by iron trash.

Daniel901 said:
Is there anyway of telling weather its a bottle cap or a $1 coin because i heard that caps can come under the same number .Thanks for the advice again guys .

Only way to be sure is to dig it up. Aluminium screw caps are one of the main types of junk you'll see in my junk bucket, not much can really be done about them if you don't want to miss any goldies.

Well yesterday I was doing a new park and after 2 and a bit hours my CTX screen did a couple of crazy little things then gone. The machine still works but the screen will not fire up at all, was on a bit of a goldie patch too. It will be in the post on Monday so hopefully I wont be without it for very long, going to have to resort to using the Deus :p

1472245322_coins.jpg

goldwright said:
Well yesterday I was doing a new park and after 2 and a bit hours my CTX screen did a couple of crazy little things then gone. The machine still works but the screen will not fire up at all, was on a bit of a goldie patch too. It will be in the post on Monday so hopefully I wont be without it for very long, going to have to resort to using the Deus :p

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4651/1472245322_coins.jpg

Well as you know they will take care of and I'm sorry to hear that the screen went south, but the good news is this is only the 2nd time I have heard of this happening so it is an extremely rare thing to happen,

good luck, John.

Hi Goldwright,
You may have already done this; check the plug/socket connections for the screen into the body of the ctx.
Hope this fixes it for you.
Cheers SinHof.

Now if ML take awhile to repair the CTX, you may find you`ll spend enough time with the Deus to get the hang of it. Give it a good work out, your arm will appreciate the break at least. I`ve only used a CTX briefly thus I`ve not the experience to compare (except on weight), but you may be soon, might give ML a call and get em to delay repairs, or hold up Cobb & Co and abscond with it............

Norvic said:
Now if ML take awhile to repair the CTX, you may find you`ll spend enough time with the Deus to get the hang of it. Give it a good work out, your arm will appreciate the break at least. I`ve only used a CTX briefly thus I`ve not the experience to compare (except on weight), but you may be soon, might give ML a call and get em to delay repairs, or hold up Cobb & Co and abscond with it............

The Deus is good, it just has to prove itself. Plus when I am chasing coins I like to pretend the CTX is the GPZ and the $2 coins are nuggets, kind of hard to do that with the little light weight Deus.

Ah ha, goldies the substitute nuggets. The Deus`ll prove itself no worries, just is a different machine, I suspect, but very capable. Tis a good change from the Z, I`ll chase goldies tomorrow. The GoG is starting to understand, gold is King but goldies are not to be sniffed at. GoG= Goddess of Gold, the Mistress we obey, no question???????????????????

goldwright said:
Norvic said:

The Deus is good, it just has to prove itself. Plus when I am chasing coins I like to pretend the CTX is the GPZ and the $2 coins are nuggets, kind of hard to do that with the little light weight Deus.

Just paint a Brick Blue and attach it to the shaft under your arm, It'll fell Like a 7000 at least.

Happy Hunting mate, Full tone that baby and you'll love it.

Clegy

There you go, that blue brick will do the job for sure, combined with full tones. Nah, the lad`ll get the hang of it, has to have his goldie hit especially on a Sunday. Just have to sabotage that monstrous pick he carries when Z`ing too.

I have run 2 batteries through the CTX now and works fine. I think my screen was going for awhile with blue colouration in the corners when on trashy sites and sometimes a trace dot staying for a bit once coil was lifted away from ground. Minelab only had it for 5 working days and took nearly 14 working days to get there and to come back one of the draw backs of living in North Queensland. Still prefer the CTX over the Deus though but the Deus is still a great machine just dont like the EMI chatter as the CTX just hums along no matter where you are.

Latest posts