Bullumwaal

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

Good to hear from like minded individuals in my area and not the only one that almost runs off the road to have a good look at a rock cutting!

I'm about an hour from this spot and pretty green when it comes to prospecting and identifying likely ground but am keen to give it a go. I've only done a small amount of detecting/treasure hunting and am mostly doing research to give panning a crack in the spring. Next time anyones heading up, I'd be happy to run into a few of you, otherwise I'll give the heads up when I'm next heading that way. There must be a lot of water going through there with over 100mm in the last few days.

I'm a keen fisho having covered many streams in East Gippy and now racking my brains for likely streams I've fished and little tributaries bypassed and I've made a list of likely streams to explore..I reckon this will keep me busy for a while!

Cheers,

Luke

Hi luk555
Looks like we will Hav to organize a gathering for pm members down this way if anyone's interested . Doing kokoda in July so we might try for August if that suits .

Hi I am a new member and live in east Gippsland. I am about to start doing a bit of Panning....Have you any suggestions of where to go...Tom

tvtom said:
Hi I am a new member and live in east Gippsland. I am about to start doing a bit of Panning....Have you any suggestions of where to go...Tom

Hi tom, I reckon the previous pages of this thread are a good start. Plenty of historical info out there on the area north of Bruthen/Buchan and I'm keen to test pan some streams not mentioned in historical notes. I'm also interested in prospecting the rocky ridges (providing the right geology) of valleys known to contain the good stuff as I doubt many people have even walked some of these parts. A long shot and perhaps a dream I know, but would love to stumble upon something special up in the hills....keen to head up bullumwaal way for a scout and to hone my panning/detecting skills in a known area once this weather sorts itself out! Have always been interested but never made the time for it...time for a change.

Hey Guys,

Thanks heaps for responding to my post. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, was in Melbourne with Mum as she was admitted to hospital after having a fall.
Finally found the spot that you guys directed me to.....absolutely beautiful......BUT, I have not seen so much water in Boggy Creek for I don't know how long!!!!!!
No panning there for awhile :(
Finding this spot today really made my day!
We love going out to Bullumwaal just to check out some areas on a Sunday......looking forward to the better months when we can start panning again ;)

Thanks again guys, love this site!

Lesley :)

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd let you know I went up for a scout around Bullumwaal today. Was mainly checking the creek levels and having a general look as I'd only been through there once before and couldn't remember the lay of the land. Considering the recent rain, the creeks were not flowing hard at all..so they must really dry up in the summer months I'm guessing. Looking forward to a day or two up there with a few of you guys for a scratch around when this winter weather starts to turn.

Cheers,

Luke

I am looking at a metal detector at present But I wonder is it worth searching around Bullamwaal area or am I wasting my time in this area
luk555 said:
tvtom said:

Hi tom, I reckon the previous pages of this thread are a good start. Plenty of historical info out there on the area north of Bruthen/Buchan and I'm keen to test pan some streams not mentioned in historical notes. I'm also interested in prospecting the rocky ridges (providing the right geology) of valleys known to contain the good stuff as I doubt many people have even walked some of these parts. A long shot and perhaps a dream I know, but would love to stumble upon something special up in the hills....keen to head up bullumwaal way for a scout and to hone my panning/detecting skills in a known area once this weather sorts itself out! Have always been interested but never made the time for it...time for a change.

I haven't any gold detecting around the place and I would say I've put in atleast 100 hours easy bud

Anybody still out this way.. been out and havent seen another soul.. campsite has been left trashed and picked up a bag full of rubbish on the bedrock of t he creek its a shame ppl leave this beautiful part of the world so trashed

Some people are just 'a-holes' with no respect. Pigs...
Good on you for cleaning up their mess, mate.
It is beautiful down there - been too long since I've been to south east Gippy.
Must make another trip soon.
Cheers,
Megsy

Yeah that does suck. Seems to be happening a lot and you can pick the dickheads a mile off when you seem them up there. Will be heading up there over xmas/new year, hope to run into someone. Cheers.

Latest posts