You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

ronniecruisin
15 November 2014 09:46 am

Hi. All. This is all very interesting for me because as you all know I've got a Nokta and have had some of these issues with it. I've also had a number of other VLFs over the years and for me IMHO the Nokta is a different kind of animal in a number of ways. After Steve's comments I now realize I may be running mine a bit high in the gain department because basically with other VLF machines and PIs I have gotten away with it quite successfully. I'ts always been my practice to run as high a gain as possible. Right or wrong I've always thought my machines run more sensitive when set this way. Now it is becoming apparent to me that the Nokta requires a different strategy. There are many things I like about this machine. I believe the techs at Nokta are very clever designers and have potentially come up with something quite different for us detectorists. How well it all works in practical terms.....Only time and using the machine will tell. I'm going to do a bit of testing this weekend armed with my new knowledge gained from this wonderful forum. And a special thanks to Steve for his much appreciated and valued input to the forum. And thanks to Brad for putting up with me and being willing to answer the many questions I throw at him. Regards to all.............Ronnie. smile

Oh Well!...It's not the end of the world.....That'll probably happen tomorrow!

Goldtarget
15 November 2014 09:51 am

Excellent information. This is almost certainly the type of discussion end users want and will evaluate the machines capabilities from. Owning a f75 I'm actually very fortunate it has been referenced. Thank you Steve and JP for drawing out the insights needed to make this a credible and honest assessment.

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
Phase Technical
16 November 2014 01:27 pm

I love putting new machines through their paces. I've put my hand up to test here in a range of ground conditions, hopefully Nokta are not out of demo units :-)

Agent for Minelab, Nugget Finder, Nokta & Makro, Quest, Detech, SteelPhase - Phase Technical Website

the duck
23 December 2014 04:43 pm

Any one who knows VLF know it is an old technology, one way to check if a machine is better is, if a patent for improvement in the VLF circuit has been applied for as people have fiddled with the basic design for a long time
If a detector is revolutionary then surely there will be patents involved to protect the new design

Detectors owned and used Compass, Whites, Garret ground hog,Ace 250, Ace 350, AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro lobo, Fischer Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cortes, Minelab GPX 4000 and 4500, Minelab Etrac

Goldpick
26 December 2014 04:04 am

Still a bit confused over the pricing for the Fors Gold, standard package in the US is $999, and in Oz $999, but the Pro package in the US is $1399 but in Oz is $1600 - how does that work? I suspect the pricing was originally mistakenly advertised in US dollars vs Au, as I could have sworn the Pro package was originally advertised here for $1400au, but has since changed to $1600au?? Not having a dig, just trying to clear up any confusion for potential purchasers. smile

Prospecting gear: Used - Whites GM3, GM2, GMT, ML XT17000, ML X-Terra 305, Garrett Gold Stinger, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta RS pinpointer, Minelab Explorer SE Pro/Etrac, Ace 250
Current - XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics G2, Whites SPP, Garrett Infinium, Minelab Go-Find 60, XP MI-6, Minelab Profind, Whites Bullseye TRX, Deteknix X-pointer, Garrett AT Pointer

Nokta Detectors
27 December 2014 12:26 am

Hello...all our MSRPs listed on our web site are in USD. FORS Standard-$999 and Pro Package-$1399. Pricing may very in different countries though and this is true for other brands as well. For example, detector prices are higher in Europe versus the USA due to the higher VATs applied. We really do not know the situation in AU and do not want to mislead you so please contact the dealer.

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
Phase Technical
21 June 2016 03:00 pm

the duck wrote:

In my experience there is a big difference between salt and mineralisation and the gold fields, i had for a few years a gold bug 2 was great for tiny gold on the surface but take it down the beach and it falsed everywhere i could not get it to ground balance at all
I now run several tesoros and i can get my vaquero to run dead silent in the triangle, but it to suffers on the beach, as does the lobo with its auto tracking, bring out my sand shark and its great on the beach punches deep and fairly quiet, but take it up the goldfields and its a screaming banshee

Two very opposing methods of ground cancellation needed for magnetically mineralised and salty soils. The best detector in the world in my opinion that can handle both extremely well is the GPX5000. The Salt Gold timing is truely amazing on wet sand.

Agent for Minelab, Nugget Finder, Nokta & Makro, Quest, Detech, SteelPhase - Phase Technical Website

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site